W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
"It is a sin to write this."
….

The word "We" is as lime poured over men, which sets and hardens to stone, and crushes all beneath it, and that which is white and that which is black are lost equally in the grey of it. It is the word by which the depraved steal the virtue of the good, by which the weak steal the might of the strong, by which the fools steal the wisdom of the sages. What is my joy if all hands, even the unclean, can reach into it? What is my wisdom, if even the fools can dictate to me? What is my freedom, if all creatures, even the botched and the impotent, are my masters? What is my life, if I am but to bow, to agree and to obey? But I am done with this creed of corruption.

I am done with the monster of "We," the word of serfdom, of plunder, of misery, falsehood and shame.

And now I see the face of god, and I raise this god over the earth, this god whom men have sought since men came into being, this god who will grant them joy and peace and pride.

This god, this one word:
"I."

Rosenbaum), (Alisa Zinovievna ; Rand, Ayn. Anthem by Ayn Rand with ***BIG 6 BOOK BONUS*** (Kindle Locations 603-606). Kindle Edition.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
The word sin is an English translation of the Greek word Hamartia which means to miss the mark.

Having an artistic inclination can allow one to find emotional resonance with poetic expressions. However, one also needs to maintain the intellect to make accurate assessments of potential danger.

For example, if one feels bullied by others, it can feel liberating to push back with a bolstered sense of self. However, excessive focus of self can bring in a host of other problems.

This I think may be why Ayn Rand wrote the book titled "The Virtue of Selfishness". She saw in the global dynamic towards collectivism a real danger. She is heralded as one of the icons of the political philosophy of Libertarianism.

If one see chaos in the world one might think collectivism is the answer. If one sees in collectivism a suffocating servitude, one might think Libertarianism is the answer. If one sees evil as part of human nature that cannot be escaped by either a system of total control or no control, a solution might only be found in that which promises to change the human heart like religion. Since other people cannot be made to abandon evil, it might be more productive to focus on what can be done to help oneself.

Kattt

Kattt

Ancient of Mu-Mu
May 18, 2021
Have you read the list of catholic sins? Mortal AND venial?
It's messed up!sins

Last edited:
Reactions: tabletop