Freakazette

Freakazette

May you find the light that was stolen from you.
May 18, 2021
It's quite frightening for me this possibility of survival with permanent damages, not only with brain injury, the other organs are important too.

However, if you failed an attempt and still woke up but with brain damage, vegetable or in coma, no one in such condition would be able to communicate further about this. We may never know how many failed CTBs were there and what failed in regards to the chosen methods (apart from being found).

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Cherry Crumpet, WornOutLife, FuneralCry and 4 others
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
Yes, that's my main fear about ctb. I already suffer enough, don't want to make my situation worse. It's so unfair that we don't have a right to die. At least those who fail to ctb should be given euthanasia. Why force the person to live like a vegetable for the rest of their lives? Like we don't suffer enough, we now have to worry whether our method will be successful or not... All that fear about becoming a vegetable causes even more stress in our already stressful lives.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cherry Crumpet, hatelife, LifeQuitter2018 and 4 others
Freakazette

Freakazette

May you find the light that was stolen from you.
May 18, 2021
Exactly :(
Yes, that's my main fear about ctb. I already suffer enough, don't want to make my situation worse. It's so unfair that we don't have a right to die. At least those who fail to ctb should be given euthanasia. Why force the person to live like a vegetable for the rest of their lives? Like we don't suffer enough, we now have to worry whether our method will be successful or not... All that fear about becoming a vegetable causes even more stress in our already stressful lives.

Reactions: death137
MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
I fully agree, i'm in a situation where I might not have another choice than ctb. But being forced to a method that might be far from peaceful like full suspension, just because I would be 100% certain it will not fail is hard to accept. At the same time methods that would be very likely to work still scare me, waking up and being stuck and maybe in horrible torture for decades and not being able to end it scares me. I'm not scared of pain, I could go through the pain of suffocating, but I don't want to die that way, and also for those ones left behind who love me will always think "Did he suffer a lot" I would probably not suffer that much from full suspension because I understand how to do it in a way so I would pass out almost instantly, but the only thing that would be certain is that I would die, the possibility of suffering is still there.

Reactions: puppet_nihilist and death137
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I would probably not suffer that much from full suspension because I understand how to do it in a way so I would pass out almost instantly
Share your secrets, pls.

MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
Share your secrets, pls.
I'm sorry but I feel super uncomfortable explaining to other people how to ctb. It feels like I would have some lives on my conscience, I know some people here suffer and haven't found another way. But I also see people who are here and haven't really thought it through and something have happened in their life and they think life is over when there is still hope. But understanding your necks anatomy, understanding how a rope tightens, and where the rope is located. There isn't really any secret, more about reading and learning and understanding. I'm sorry if this answer came off rude, and i'm sorry for whatever reason you are suffering. :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Cherry Crumpet
S

sm20

Student
May 5, 2021
It's quite frightening for me this possibility of survival with permanent damages, not only with brain injury, the other organs are important too.

However, if you failed an attempt and still woke up but with brain damage, vegetable or in coma, no one in such condition would be able to communicate further about this. We may never know how many failed CTBs were there and what failed in regards to the chosen methods (apart from being found).
I think it depends on the method. Most methods already have stats on how successful they are out there. For sn I don't think people are going into a vegetable state because there are no survivors who mentioned brain damage. Getting brain damage doesn't automatically mean you're a vegetable so people could've said something but no one has. It wouldn't make sense for it to be so black and white with some survivors being completely fine and others being vegetables. What does scare me is the one guy who said he temporarily lost his vision as my vision is already at risk of blindness. There was also a study about sn saying 95% were fine and 5% had cardiovascular issues. From what I've read about sn your brain mostly is still supplied with oxygen until the moment of death so there's not really a risk of surviving with brain damage but you might want to research that for yourself in case I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freakazette
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, this is the main thing that is holding me back, I am terrified of being left alive with worse symptoms. There is so much that can go wrong with methods in particular hanging. People shouldn't be forced to resort to these methods and they should have a right to a peaceful death if truly don't wan't to live. It should be a basic human right. I think many people ctb impulsively as they cannot bear to live any longer and often these methods aren't planned properly and this is how many people get damage.

• Hugs
Reactions: hatelife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I was quite close to end up with permanent brain damage, according to my doctors, when I tried to ctb last year.

Instead, I got a f*cked up stomach for 2 months and then covid!
Yet, I'm still here! lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Cherry Crumpet and hatelife