M

musicismylife

Oct 7, 2018
I was just curious if I could go blink with something that would not cause me pain and if anyone has any idea about it ?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
M

musicismylife

Oct 7, 2018
that seemed like was very painful according to the story... but I don`t know, I fantasize with this idea

Reactions: ShornSoloists, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, worldexploder and 1 other person
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
I don't think you can blind yourself painlessly without a surgical procedure. It requires anesthetics.

Have you ever sought help regarding this?

Reactions: ShornSoloists, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and musicismylife
M

musicismylife

Oct 7, 2018
I think there is a way, drinking 10ml of Methanol seems to do the trick, not sure how painlessly it would be though... What kind of help exactly ?

Reactions: ShornSoloists, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Psychiatric help. This is a momentous decision, and you have to be exceedingly careful.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
M

musicismylife

Oct 7, 2018
oh yeah not a good idea.. I would like to maintain my neurological functioning intact... I do see a psychiatrist but it`s almost ever the same, same dosage of pills (Quetiapine, Lithium, Clonazepam), and never gives me anything stronger... I feel so suicidal right now maybe its just my mind trying to find some meaning

Reactions: ShornSoloists, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777 and 2 others
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
I see. I'm sorry about the way you feel. I don't have this particular problem, but desperation is an old acquaintance.

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
Why exactly you want to go blind though? What's the appeal?

Reactions: ShornSoloists, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777 and 3 others
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Why do you want to go blind in particular?

Reactions: ShornSoloists, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777 and 4 others
M

musicismylife

Oct 7, 2018
Why exactly you want to go blind though? What's the appeal?
well since I already feel apart in an awkward way from everything else in this society, maybe I could have a different view instead of something somewhat likely to happen, kill myself.... I would particularly invest in playing the piano, which is something I have a certain affinity

Rollo

Rollo

No pasaran
Aug 13, 2018
well since I already feel apart in an awkward way from everything else in this society, maybe I could have a different view instead of something somewhat likely to happen, kill myself.... I would particularly invest in playing the piano, which is something I have a certain affinity

So basically you want to separate yourself from the world in this manner? To stop seeing it? Personally I would rather go deaf for such a purpose, but I see that you're very much into music.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Why not invest your time and energy into playing the piano without giving up on your eyesight? I feel you on the feeling apart from society thing, I am the same, but losing your eyesight will only make things a lot more difficult for you.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, throwaway777 and 5 others
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
that is an intense feeling

others are right that it would be a permanent decision and not made lightly,

but considering where we are....

perhaps in the mean time, have you considered getting a blindfold, eyepatches, or darkened glasses? if they were very dark you could even paint over the inside surface completely and doubt anyone would notice, you could go in public.
maybe you could spend some time on the piano blindfolded.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Schopenhauer and 4 others
ctoan

ctoan

Arcanist
Sep 30, 2018
just wear a blindfold 24/7

Reactions: ShornSoloists, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Schopenhauer and 4 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Sounds like BIID (Body Integrity Identity Disorder). It's more common than you think and it doesn't go away. It's were you have a body part that you feel doesn't belong to you.

There is a neurological component. They did a study on this one guy who felt like his right leg "just don't belong there". He had the urge to cut it off since he was a kid. They ran test and showed that his brain reacted differently when that leg was touched as opposed to the other one. He tried to get therapy for it, but ended up sticking his leg in dry ice, then amputating it.

I'm sure we all know the infamous story about the woman who put drain cleaner in her eye to blind herself. It was incredibly painful to her and the doctor ended up being a fraud. One thing that all BIID sufferers have in common is that once the body part is removed, there lives improve (even for the woman who blinded herself). They have no regrets.

I fully support the right of all BIID sufferers to have any body part removed that they feel shouldn't be there.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Schopenhauer and 5 others
ctoan

ctoan

Arcanist
Sep 30, 2018
Sounds like BIID (Body Integrity Identity Disorder). It's more common than you think and it doesn't go away. It's were you have a body part that you feel doesn't belong to you.

There is a neurological component. They did a study on this one guy who felt like his right leg "just don't belong there". He had the urge to cut it off since he was a kid. They ran test and showed that his brain reacted differently when that leg was touched as opposed to the other one. He tried to get therapy for it, but ended up sticking his leg in dry ice, then amputating it.

I'm sure we all know the infamous story about the woman who put drain cleaner in her eye to blind herself. It was incredibly painful to her and the doctor ended up being a fraud. One thing that all BIID sufferers have in common is that once the body part is removed, there lives improve (even for the woman who blinded herself). They have no regrets.

I fully support the right of all BIID sufferers to have any body part removed that they feel shouldn't be there.

yes but before he/she blinds herself a professional should be consultated

Reactions: ShornSoloists, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Schopenhauer and 2 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
yes but before he/she blinds herself a professional should be consultated
I agree 100%. Just like with the right to die, removing limbs or eyes from BIID sufferers should only be performed by professionals who know what they are doing.

Reactions: ShornSoloists, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Schopenhauer and 1 other person