• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I live in Germany and I am a left-winger but I have to admit it. Many media outlets in Germany have a bias in favor of left-policies. Many say the journalists love the Green party. This might be true.

Though the most powerful newspaper is righ-leaning. The Bild-Zeitung. It is an horrible newspaper. Very populistic, horrible sensationalistic yellow press. Violations of media ethics are done on a daily basis. Some years ago they were strong supporter of the conservative party. But they had to decrease it. The readers sympthatize with the right-wing extreme party. There is a real struggle for the newspaper. Because it has a strong stance against antisemitism but the most readers favor the right-wing extreme party. I think this dilemma is a big problem for the newspaper. They lose a lot of readers and a lot of power. It is a very opportunistic outlet.

There is a discussion about the public funded broadcast stations. Many say the violate their principles by not being neutral. (too far left) Though even most conservative politicians don't want to abolish them.
Now to other countries. I think in UK right-leaning outlets are stronger. There are so many yellow press outlets with a lot of power. Thanks Murdoch.

I could also give my assessment of the US of Austria outlets. I think in the US many have an alliance with powerful lobbies. And Austria is also full of horrible yellow press.
I am glad they are not as widespread in my country as in others. Damn I despie yellow press and their immoral behavior.

Last edited:
Lauriso

Lauriso

Jul 26, 2022
I come from a post-Soviet country and recently in Berlin I saw anarchist punks sporting hammer & sickle. Like what the actual fuck.

More to the point, left & right can have different meanings in different countries. In post-Soviet ones the left is often associated with pro-Russian and therefore very unpopular.

I may not have answered your question at all but that was what came to mind :D.

• Love
Reactions: CowsAgainstCapitali
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
The news media in every Western nation is (unfortunately) overwhelmingly left-leaning, including the US. Anyone who says otherwise is absolutely kidding themselves.

Also, any British person still paying the TV license to fund the far-left propaganda machine known as the BBC has a fucking hole in their head.

CowsAgainstCapitali

CowsAgainstCapitali

Dec 11, 2022
Well, this gave me a good laugh. Mainstream media in America is Uber right wing. Pro-State, pro-corporation, pro-police, anti-human rights. Anyone telling you otherwise has a fucking hole in their head. There are very few Left media sources and they are limited to community radio and podcasts.

A lot of folks think "radical Left" means anything more humanitarian then hunting the homeless for sport.

And very frustrating, the words right, left, liberal, conservative and Anarcho Communism mean different things different places. This is a manufactured problem. Disinformation is the most powerful weapon there is.

• Yay!
Reactions: newave3