Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I have had this SN for about a year. I need to know if it is the real deal but I am afraid to open it case I spoil it. Will it be okay if it is exposed to air for a few seconds? I don't plan on using it for a while yet. I just need to know if it is good for when I do need it.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
Can you order more from the same seller?

Reactions: Lost Magic and Greenberg
Upvote 0
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I have had this SN for about a year. I need to know if it is the real deal but I am afraid to open it case I spoil it. Will it be okay if it is exposed to air for a few seconds? I don't plan on using it for a while yet. I just need to know if it is good for when I do need it.
The thing is that your Sodium Nitrite may degrade into Sodium Nitrate. I suggest that you keep it sealed until you intend to use it.

Reactions: Lost Magic
Upvote 0
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Ohhh I don't know but I'm scared of something like that happening to me too.

I guess if I'm desperate enough, I wouldn't test it and just drink it some random depressing day. (please, don't do this. Don't be such an as*hole like I am lol)

Reactions: Lost Magic
Upvote 0
BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
When SN is produced they have very large batches that first need to be put into those small 100g containers, and during that process it inevitably comes into contact with air, evidently without any problems.

So it will be fine as long as the humidity in your environment is low and you close the bottle immediately after opening it.

• Love
Reactions: xBrialesana, PrincessInWhite, NO-HOPE and 2 others
Upvote 0
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
When SN is produced they have very large batches that first need to be put into those small 100g containers, and during that process it inevitably comes into contact with air, evidently without any problems.

So it will be fine as long as the humidity in your environment is low and you close the bottle immediately after opening it.
Yeah, good point. I will just have to be very quick when opening it, close it and then store it in an air tight container. Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: BottomlessPit
Upvote 0
M

MajereTwins

Nov 12, 2020
If you wanted to be extra careful, you can get small canisters of nitrogen gas. It's used to force the oxygen out of opened wine bottles, but the same principle should work for whatever container you are using.

Upvote 0
N

NO-HOPE

Jun 1, 2021

Thank you so much , I have been wondering if doing this would be ok as I don't have the funds to buy x2 containers of SN

• Hugs
Reactions: BottomlessPit
Upvote 0