AN IDIOT'S END

AN IDIOT'S END

Death to the World
Feb 24, 2021
I think my family is going to embarrass themselves and make a fool of me at my funeral. I really wish I could just vanish and that no one would care. What if I moved, changed my name, and just told my parents that I'm cutting off contact forever? Then hang out at my new place with my new identity for about a year. But someone will have to report me missing if I don't show up to my theoretical future job, right? And then they find me and my parents are called, and thus begins the funeral process.
How do I just vanish? I don't want anyone to care. I don't want to be connected to anyone or anything.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hattywacky, Kyu, Hurt and 1 other person
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
My brother went missing for 15 years. Reported to police and missing persons. They traced him but he didn't want family knowing where he was. My other brother kept reporting it and 15 years later he was ready to be contacted

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think many families would rather just know, even if its for the worst. Not knowing and wondering forever sounds awful to me. If you are dead you wont care about what anyone is doing at the funeral.

Reactions: Hattywacky, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and Ame
ExistentialEntropy

ExistentialEntropy

we all go home eventually
Jul 4, 2020
They will always find out unless you drown at sea.

But look at it from this perspective. Anything they say or do in relation to you will no longer have any bearing on you. Your connection to the physical world and ego stuff will be irrevocably severed forever, regardless if anything waits on the other side.

Reactions: Hattywacky, adam, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG and 3 others
AN IDIOT'S END

AN IDIOT'S END

Death to the World
Feb 24, 2021
I think many families would rather just know, even if its for the worst. Not knowing and wondering forever sounds awful to me. If you are dead you wont care about what anyone is doing at the funeral.
They will always find out unless you drown at sea.

But look at it from this perspective. Anything they say or do in relation to you will no longer have any bearing on you. Your connection to the physical world and ego stuff will be irrevocably severed forever, regardless if anything waits on the other side.
Yeah I guess you guys are right. Until the moment of my death it'll always irk me that they're saying dumb shit about me at my funeral. I still want to "go missing" for at least a year before I ctb though, so hopefully everyone cares less.

Reactions: Hattywacky and Perpetually99
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
You won't be alive at the funeral to witness your parent's reactions. People can say what they want after I'm dead. Even if you start a new life, your parents still might try to contact you someday and then they may find out eventually. I know how you feel, I would love to vanish but it's hard to.

Reactions: Hattywacky and Ironweed
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I thought of getting a boat, going to the middle of the sea, drink SN while tying some heavy rocks around my legs and then just sink in the sea but easier said than done, of course.

fracturedviolence

fracturedviolence

Oct 22, 2020
i say fuck it and try moving away and being someone completely new in a new country what have you got lose right? if you don't like your parents anyways what's stopping you? maybe youll actually like you're new life better. change your name legally and stop contact with everyone , delete all forms social media. people leave society like that all the time. buy out land or cremation whatever you prefer and plan all your funeral arrangements before hand so there's no complications or need for to contact anyone mostly if it's a completely different country i doubt anyone will bother.