Fox in the Snow

Fox in the Snow

Apr 18, 2021
Hello everyone.
I'm a long-time lurker. It took me a long time to join, although I've been reading posts here for over a year. It is good to read words which echo my thoughts.
On the surface, I shouldn't need to be here - good job, house, partner... but I am desperately sad, anxious and in constant emotional pain. I have wished for death since my early teens and hurt myself since then too. It's weird, I have creative hobbies and I love sering beauty in nature, yet if I could die now, I would.
What finally prompted me to post? I guess what I am slowly realising is emotional abuse from my partner. I don't think he means it, but I feel inadequate, useless, a burden and a limit on him. I hide away in our home. I've asked him to leave but he won't. I think he stays for the financial security my job offers.
My beloved dog died three weeks ago. It's like my final tether to the world has gone. I feel like I am floating and watching myself do things sometimes. I miss her so much.
It's good to write these things out. Thank you for reading.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lanax09, LaminarFlow, it's_all_a_game and 8 others
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
Bless you honey I'm so sorry that you find yourself in this position. Do you have anyone in your life on side; family, friends etc? Sometimes getting friendlies on board can help you find strength and apply pressure to be able to push for change?

I'm so sorry about your dog, that must be heartbreaking. I hate it when people say things like "it's just an animal!" when these creatures are friends and family members x

There are legal steps you can take to make your partner leave. You can give him notice to vacate and force him to leave if you have decided that he shouldn't be around you anymore. He's a grown man and should be able to take care of himself!

Bug hugs, and welcome :heart:

• Love
Reactions: lanax09 and Fox in the Snow
Fox in the Snow

Fox in the Snow

Apr 18, 2021
Bless you honey I'm so sorry that you find yourself in this position. Do you have anyone in your life on side; family, friends etc? Sometimes getting friendlies on board can help you find strength and apply pressure to be able to push for change?

I'm so sorry about your dog, that must be heartbreaking. I hate it when people say things like "it's just an animal!" when these creatures are friends and family members x

There are legal steps you can take to make your partner leave. You can give him notice to vacate and force him to leave if you have decided that he shouldn't be around you anymore. He's a grown man and should be able to take care of himself!

Bug hugs, and welcome :heart:
Thank you so much.
I do have some friends but they live a long way away. I haven't fully disclosed how I feel - I guess I'm embarrassed and ashamed. From the outside, we look happy. There's something in me that feels I would be letting others down if I admitted how unhappy I am. It sounds daft when I type it out! But yes, he is able to make decisions too xx

• Hugs
Reactions: Red
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
Even if it is hard and no matter what other people say or think - then you have to separate.

The loss of your beloved dog is of course especially hard to bear at the moment.
Maybe it helps you a little to go for a walk with dogs from an animal shelter.

Reactions: Red and Fox in the Snow
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Aww, sorry about your dog!! I know what that feels like!!

Welcome to SS!
You'll find lots of great people here who will do their best to help you and I bet you can help us too!! :)

Hugs and love,

Matt

Reactions: Fox in the Snow
Fox in the Snow

Fox in the Snow

Apr 18, 2021
Thank you so much for your kind welcomes

• Hugs
Reactions: Red
I

IWantToSleep

Experienced
Dec 27, 2020
I feel terribly anxious and sad everyday too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fox in the Snow
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Welcome to the forum. Our thoughts really can torture us, I have wanted to die from a young age too. Losing an pet can really be devastating. I wish you the best.