End_it_all

End_it_all

Can't mistakey if not awakey
Jun 29, 2019
Does anyone know what would happen if a non diabetic injected insulin? I heard that it causes cardiac arrest and also can't be detected.

Reactions: TheGoodGuy and davidtorez
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Insulin regulated the blood sugar level. If there's an imbalance it will also affect a non-diabetic person.

This isn't a medical advice.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded, davidtorez and End_it_all
C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
From what I know non-diabetics have a way of compensating for high insulin levels. I guess a high enough dose would kill you anyway, don't ask me how high though. And you're right, insulin overdose is hard to detect during an autopsy, but vials and syringes are easy to detect at the scene unless someone cleans up after you.

Reactions: davidtorez, End_it_all and Praestat_Mori
S

Sail_to_Infinity

Feb 24, 2020
The brain needs continuous oxygen + sugar, each neuron contains mitochondrias that burn sugar in the presence of O2, producing energy to sustain cell life. After injecting a high dose of insulin without eating anything, blood sugar is immediately bound and injected into all the cells in the body, most obviously into the muscles which have the largest capacity. After a very short time, there is almost no sugar in the blood for the brain or coronary vessels of the heart, only oxygen. Severe overdose - insulin coma and further unpredictable consequences, vegetative state as after cerebral hypoxia, myocardial infarction, including death of course.

• Informative
Reactions: ladylazarus4, Tonkpils and End_it_all