Anarcholoser

Anarcholoser

patron saint of denial
Jan 8, 2021
Has anyone successfully CTB or attempted to CTB by injecting sodium nitrate instead of swallowing it?

I currently have a central line/port that goes directly to my heart. I see that sodium nitrate is available for purchase as a powder or liquid. Which form would be better to use? Should I buy the powder and mix it myself, or buy the pre-prepared liquid? Are there any other things I need to be aware of? Should I still take an anti-emetic before attempting?

Thank you.

A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
Nitrite. please don't entertain nitrate. Probably just slight spelling error, but people have tried to use nitrate or get them confused.

• Informative
Reactions: Anarcholoser, Plato'sCaveDweller and gasterblaster
Anarcholoser

Anarcholoser

patron saint of denial
Jan 8, 2021
Nitrite. please don't entertain nitrate. Probably just slight spelling error, but people have tried to use nitrate or get them confused.
Thank you! I think I did get them confused. I appreciate the clarification.

gasterblaster

gasterblaster

Lurking™
Feb 16, 2023
I can answer one of these questions, and it's that you won't need an antiemetic except for comfort purposes. There is high chances you will still vomit, although it will not affect your attempt since the SN wasn't taken orally. You might want to have an AE just to avoid that symptom, or to try to prevent aspiration later on.

Reactions: Anarcholoser
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
Are you talking sodium NITRATE or Sodium NITRITE? Big difference🌹💔

B

Bear1234

Jul 8, 2024
Take the AE, i just had a CT scan with contrast liquid injected into me and it made me wanna vomit so any IV will still make you wanna vomit

Anarcholoser

Anarcholoser

patron saint of denial
Jan 8, 2021
I can't edit the title, sorry for being an idiot. I am indeed going to be injecting sodium NITRITE and not sodium nitrate. I found a source online and have purchased it and am now waiting for it to be shipped and delivered.

I have an anti-emetic in the form of Zofran I will be taking for comfort purposes. Probably some Klonopin too just to calm my nerves.

FailedArtist

FailedArtist

Mar 29, 2024
I can't edit the title, sorry for being an idiot. I am indeed going to be injecting sodium NITRITE and not sodium nitrate. I found a source online and have purchased it and am now waiting for it to be shipped and delivered.

I have an anti-emetic in the form of Zofran I will be taking for comfort purposes. Probably some Klonopin too just to calm my nerves.
Please inform us of how it goes. I understand if it goes successfully you will not be here but any information would be helpful.