lkjhgfdsa1

šŸ–¤
Apr 17, 2024
I have been trying to plan to ctb
but planning does not seem to work for me
because I have too many thoughts / SI takes me over
and I think of all the reasons that I'd fail

I thought I'd be better to not do anything impulsively
but perhaps it IS better to do plan and then act impulsively?
Can it still be considered impulse?
or is it an act of courage?

I am so confused.

• Hugs
Reactions: HerculePoirot and dggtscccvfd
N

nicholas29

May 22, 2024
i think i'm going to get the stuff i need to ctb by night-night/partial hanging and then just wait for the right impulsive moment, even though i've meditated on it for years at this point. i want to die before the end of the month.

lkjhgfdsa1

lkjhgfdsa1

šŸ–¤
Apr 17, 2024
i think i'm going to get the stuff i need to ctb by night-night/partial hanging and then just wait for the right impulsive moment, even though i've meditated on it for years at this point. i want to die before the end of the month.
i want to fuck it and do it now
but i am held backkkk by my conscience

N

nicholas29

May 22, 2024
i want to fuck it and do it now
but i am held backkkk by my conscience
i want to give my friends a few more days of my antics. my best friend is going to a concert tomorrow night and i don't wanna do it while he's out of town. i don't want him to think that i've waited for him to leave before i do it. i love and care about him and i know this is going to devastate him. i can't think about him too much.

cowboypants

cowboypants

From milkyway
May 7, 2024
The thing that it's the last decision I would ever make, I want to be sure of it

lkjhgfdsa1

lkjhgfdsa1

šŸ–¤
Apr 17, 2024
The thing that it's the last decision I would ever make, I want to be sure of it
you're right.
but i feel like i am stuck in analysis paralysis

can it be that hard really?! is all i wonder
enough ppl not on this site but still ctb every day

• Hugs
Reactions: cowboypants
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
In my opinion, planning is way better than CTB'ing on impulse because the thought of having instant regrets while dying is even scarier than anything else about death and that's even if we remove the possibility that dying with any unfinished business could create ghosts or something terrifying like that.

Impulsive CTB's can also be more likely to fail though I'm not sure about the actual statistics of this. My gut feeling just says that a CTB is more likely to be successful if all proper measures and countermeasures were taken into consideration first.

Planning when it comes to CTB involves more than just the method itself. Many people should also have wills to prepare, notes to write, and other such plans to consider before CTB can even begin to take place. Of course that's only for some lucky few who even have the opportunity to invest such time and energy into plans. It's just as likely that for some people, the only way a CTB can ever happen is on impulse but in general I think I would prefer my own CTB to be planned if possible.

Reactions: cowboypants
cowboypants

cowboypants

From milkyway
May 7, 2024
you're right.
but i feel like i am stuck in analysis paralysis

can it be that hard really?! is all i wonder
enough ppl not on this site but still ctb every day
Take your time. It might be the last choice you ever make. Don't rush it

M

mintgreendolphin

Nov 14, 2023
I think I'm somewhere between the two. Using a gun and jumping are no longer methods I have access to so my next choice is drowning. (Planning) Pool and bathtub are available, did my research on how to pass out via hyperventilating, alcohol, etc., (Impulsive) but I have to wait until I'm alone to ensure I don't get interrupted.