CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
I can't do anything. Learn in school? The last 6 years od education were a waste of governments money. Get a job? My previous job experience was me failing to understand the basic sentences my boss told me and being either incompetend or lazy. Military? People saw me as the retard for failing to do what others could.

If I want to improve my life, I'll always fail. I tried trying to brush my teeth daily, because for some reason I wasn't taught to do that when I was a kid and I failed. Such a simple task that takes only 2 minutes and it's too much for me. Atm I'm just being a parasite and a disappointment to my parents. I can't do anything right and that's why I'm worthless. Defeatism is the only thing I achieved in the last 6 years.

• Aww..
Reactions: Alan James, lizinha, Escaper Boy and 6 others
Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
Sorry, I feel worthless and am too, I can't even find a job anywhere and I'm not sure I'm mentally well enough to be able to keep it even if I do.

• Aww..
Reactions: Alan James, Bedlamb, Dead Meat and 2 others
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਮੈਨੂੰ ਭੁੱਲ ਜਾਓ ❤️
Oct 31, 2018
I'm so sorry, I wish I knew what the right words to say were. Please know that you aren't alone, you both have your dreams and ideas, I believe there is at least some part of you that isn't "worthless", whatever that term means anyways. I also feel worthless, and it's such a terrible feeling. Applying for jobs is terrible and I cannot even imagine the horror of entering the military, i understand all too well how it can be too much, as I also think I'm too weak for this harsh world myself. I'm sending you both big hugs, my heart weeps for you❤️❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Empty Smile, Whatshername and 3 others
R

Roadkill

Experienced
Dec 25, 2018
I understand completely.. I am worthless also... that's why I chose my username "Roadkill"... I feel as worthless as a rotting, stinking, maggot infested carcass on the side of the road

• Aww..
Reactions: Alan James, Dead Meat, Bedlamb and 1 other person
Mofreeko

Mofreeko

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019
Welcome to the club pal. I am 100% genetic garbage, nice to meet you.

Reactions: Alan James and Weeping Garbage Can
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
Welcome to the club pal. I am 100% genetic garbage, nice to meet you.
I don't know whether to give this a 'like' or a 'sad' reaction. I guess at least we don't have to feel worthless alone? And as far as I know, I'm the residential garbage can here, so while I wouldn't ever call you garbage, I understand your feelings. It's nice to meet you, Mofreeko, please have a hug from me if you want it ❤️

• Aww..
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Whatshername
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
No one is worthless. You just may not function well within the norms our world has set out.

Reactions: lululoo, Walilamdzi, Marawa and 2 others
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Marawa and Dead Meat
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
May I ask you to clarify, Kyrok?
We grow up with expectations that have little to do with the natural interests we've evolved to have. For example: children sitting still for 8hrs 5 days a week for 12+ yrs. The prevalence of ADHD diagnoses I think indicates how forced children are to not behave as they have evolved.

Likewise, constant city noise, rushing around, living in apartments isolated from others, depression and anxiety are to be expected.

Further, most work is meaningless -- just cogs in a machine that strips all the profit out at the executive level, leaving scraps for everyone else.

Our modern world is a fucking nightmare.

Reactions: Walilamdzi, Alan James, Marawa and 2 others
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
We grow up with expectations that have little to do with the natural interests we've evolved to have. For example: children sitting still for 8hrs 5 days a week for 12+ yrs. The prevalence of ADHD diagnoses I think indicates how forced children are to not behave as they have evolved.

Likewise, constant city noise, rushing around, living in apartments isolated from others, depression and anxiety are to be expected.

Further, most work is meaningless -- just cogs in a machine that strips all the profit out at the executive level, leaving scraps for everyone else.

Our modern world is a fucking nightmare.
Thank you for the response, Kyrok, I appreciate it. I agree, even the 'privileged' ones may not have all of their needs attended to. May I ask if you think there is a better system that would be possible?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Marawa, Dead Meat and 1 other person
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
May I ask if you think there is a better system that would be possible?

I have lots of ideas...
  1. Less school for kids... only those interested need get beyond basic math, reading, etc.
  2. Provide apprenticeships and other more active alternatives instead of grade 7-12 for those who want out.
  3. Normalize returning to school for those who wish to after hiatus
  4. Return to tax structure under Eisnenhauer (to push for pay equity)
  5. Much better social services
  6. Free college education
  7. Remove the Executive branch of government

But more that all this, people need to change: more tolerance, more humility, more compassion.

• Love
Reactions: Walilamdzi, Marawa, Dead Meat and 1 other person
Weeping Garbage Can

Weeping Garbage Can

Oct 31, 2018
I have lots of ideas...
But more that all this, people need to change: more tolerance, more humility, more compassion.
Thank you so much for sharing, Kyrok, I don't think I can express how much I appreciate it. I would especially love it if people changed, but I wonder how that would come to fruition? Through a change in mainstream ideas, perhaps?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Marawa and Dead Meat