ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I don't know why i'm even alive because i'm not "living" at all. Whenever i'm not at work all i do is either sleep, stare blankly at the walls, or binge eat to fill in time. I literally do nothing all day long. I have no friends, I hate my family and i've lost all interest in things that I used to like, eg: watching sport.

i'm only 20, but it feels like i've done everything in life already and now i'm just waiting around to die, it's actually super depressing, i have no idea how people find joy in this shit, it sucks!

When my time comes to ctb, I will welcome it gladly, nothing doesn't bother me because all i do now is nothing anyway. What a mundane existence this is...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Scribble Fan, western_heart, JustAMatterOfTime and 11 others
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
I'm so sorry you feel this way, I know what it's like when you can't find joy in anything. I still encourage you to try something even if it feels that you don't enjoy at first. There were times when it worked for me. There were times when I had major depression episodes I felt so lifeless and uninterested but tried to do something like watching Tv shows etc. At first I didn't enjoy at all, but after a few days of pushing myself I found some interest. Laying in bed and staring at the ceiling will make you even more miserable. Doing stuff even when you're bored is better than nothing. You also can't find things that interest you if you don't try anything.

• Love
Reactions: western_heart, lobster salad, Lost Magic and 4 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I'm so sorry you feel this way, I know what it's like when you can't find joy in anything. I still encourage you to try something even if it feels that you don't enjoy at first. There were times when it worked for me. There were times when I had major depression episodes I felt so lifeless and uninterested but tried to do something like watching Tv shows etc. At first I didn't enjoy at all, but after a few days of pushing myself I found some interest. Laying in bed and staring at the ceiling will make you even more miserable. Doing stuff even when you're bored is better than nothing. You also can't find things that interest you if you don't try anything.
Any hobbies you suggest trying out? I've tried watching some shows and movies on netflix the last month but I cant get into it.

Reactions: lobster salad and Lost Magic
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
Any hobbies you suggest trying out? I've tried watching some shows and movies on netflix the last month but I cant get into it.
It depends on what kind of genre you're into. I usually like fantasy stuff because it helps to escape reality. Funny animal videos on youtube, animal fails are hilarious. I also like doing some crafts, I buy some craft kits that are available at toy stores. They're good to distract your mind. I find that coloring pages is very calming. There are coloring books for adults, but I color the ones for kids lol. Or just going outside, birdwatching. Take your dog for a walk. You can try to take artistic photos of your surroundings, then edit them. Make a collage or a video. Reading a book, or if you're too lazy to read you can listen to audio books while going for a walk. Writing a diary? Have you tried playing games? I play Plants vs Zombies 2. Lol. I find it addicting. I also browse on reddit UnresolvedMysteries. There are some very interesting stories on there. Basically keep trying anything and maybe you'll discover something you like? Even if you don't, at least you'll know you didn't waste your time and did something productive. Any distraction is better than living in your bed in agony.

• Love
Reactions: Lost Magic, FuneralCry and ClownMe
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I can relate. Anhedonia really sucks. I see everything as pointless really, as every activity we do is just passing time until we die. I'm the same age and I have dread about having to live decades like this. I just look forward to sleep. I do always force myself to go outside though every day, it helps me.

Reactions: Scribble Fan, western_heart, lobster salad and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah, you're certainly young and could experience lots of great and bad stuff but depression and suicidal thoughts love to torment us and just makes us live without really living.

Anyway, hope you can feel better soon!

As for me, I'm trying to live but I won't probably last for a very long time.

Reactions: Lost Magic and Deleted_9cKnXB34QG
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I know the feeling when you can't be bothered with anything and everything feels like a chore. I agree with BlankUser. Find things to distract yourself and fill up your time as much as you can. Games, movies, documentaries, audio books, YouTube clips, poetry, drawing, painting, meditating etc.. There are loads of things you could do. I know, there will be times when those things will not always be pleasurable. Depression is a bugger, but you are still very young my friend. Just go with the flow until something clicks.

Reactions: western_heart
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I agree with the others.
In addition, you should try to set medium-term and long-term goals.
Even if you don't know yet how and when you can achieve them.
Just imagine that you have already achieved them - that can give you a lot of courage and strength.

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Same, can't even be bothered to watch films or tv shows anymore, I just listen to music and watch shit on youtube.

Reactions: taylor321