GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

The sun rises to insult me.
Jul 15, 2024
Voluntary hold. No idea for how long, or if I will be allowed my phone. If I don't contact anyone, assume I just can't. Were it up to me, I'd be dead this Sunday, but I made a promise to someone and I don't break promises.

Probably going to end up jobless by the time I'm out, since I resigned due to performance guilt. I can't say that I didn't try. Ready to throw all the gains I've made in the gym down the drain with meds. And I don't even know what I will say to my friends. Or my coworkers.

A promise is a promise, they made a promise to try their best to recover, so they'd better honour that. Fuck my life.

Anything I should take with me? I have my phone, I ate something.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: doctordetritus, SoftWorries, lacrimosa and 12 others
HereIGoAgain24

HereIGoAgain24

Sep 2, 2024
That's big- truly. Respect to you.

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and DefinitelyReady
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I hope it helps. All the very best to you.

As to what to take... I've only been in regular hospitals but, I would think earphones would be good if you are allowed music. Ear plugs in case it's noisy- really don't know. I was grateful for a black t shirt to put over my eyes. It wasn't dark enough for me to sleep easily. Not sure if you get your own rooms though. I guess it's not like a ward. I hope they can help you though.

• Informative
Reactions: DrinkyCrow, GuessWhosBack and DefinitelyReady
kyhoti

kyhoti

Looking for fair winds and following seas
May 27, 2024
Take an open mind, an honest attitude and a willing heart. Best of luck to you.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ham and potatoes, -Link-, GuessWhosBack and 1 other person
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Probably at least 3 days is my guess. Really glad someone got you to make that promise... Try not to worry about outside factors rn. Nothing you can do about them now. Worry about today and let tomorrow worry for itself. Utilize the time you have with these people. Ask for some paper and a pen. Think about what you want to say/ask and make notes. Be concise but specific. If you need a sitcom break you know where I'm at. Don't talk to the weirdos, or even stare at them; they'll assume you're looking at them "wrong." Be careful what you touch!🧼
(Might need cash for a vending machine🤮)
-Rooting for you📣
the big game football GIF by Disney

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: GuessWhosBack
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
Probably at least 3 days is my guess. Really glad someone got you to make that promise... Try not to worry about outside factors rn. Nothing you can do about them now. Worry about today and let tomorrow worry for itself. Utilize the time you have with these people. Ask for some paper and a pen. Think about what you want to say/ask and make notes. Be concise but specific. If you need a sitcom break you know where I'm at. Don't talk to the weirdos, or even stare at them; they'll assume you're looking at them "wrong." Be careful what you touch!🧼
(Might need cash for a vending machine🤮)
-Rooting for you📣
the big game football GIF by Disney
I'll keep myself busy with some books if they'll allow it

• Hugs
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and LifeQuitter
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
I'm sorry for your current state of affairs but hope your stay in the hospital leads to a positive outcome.🌹💔

• Hugs
maynoname

maynoname

Student
Aug 13, 2024
Big respect for you. All my support, this kind of decision is difficult (being admitted), I know from experience.

• Hugs
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
It's going to be one long wait. Do you guys have any movies to recommend me? At some point I will get bored from reading for sure.
Fuck I probably should have brought my tablet with me to read better.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
Girl, Interrupted or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? (dunno if that's appropriate or not)

(I forgot to add the Departed, Blood Diamond, the Jungle Book (w/ Cary Elwes), Tango&Cash, Superbad, etc to my list of favs on the thread below)
Don't know if you have a movie subscription or can find a free one on YouTube

Last edited:
  • Hugs
complex

complex

Aug 22, 2024
Man total respect to u xxx its where i shld be. Headphones, a battery charger as no cables will be allowed and books and wash stuff. Clean underwear lots and lots and comfort food as i was allowed food. No caffiene so download a food app as sometimes u can
order and drink in the reception area

• Hugs
uniqueusername4

uniqueusername4

died a long time ago
Aug 13, 2023
It's going to be one long wait. Do you guys have any movies to recommend me? At some point I will get bored from reading for sure.
Take paperback for sure. They don't allow hardback sometimes. They probably wont allow phones or tablets/anything that can connect to internet. Maybe check that your voluntary hold can't be turned into involuntary, meaning that if you want to leave you will be able to. It depends on your local laws.

• Hugs
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
Take paperback for sure. They don't allow hardback sometimes. They probably wont allow phones or tablets/anything that can connect to internet. Maybe check that your voluntary hold can't be turned into involuntary, meaning that if you want to leave you will be able to. It depends on your local laws.
I asked and they said they'd allow phones and chargers and personal belongings that are safe.

-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
Wishing you the best with this.

If and when you're talking about this with friends or coworkers, stand tall and hold your head up high as you do so. Checking into a hospital to look after your mental health is no different than doing so for your physical health. Either way, you're caring after your body as the brain is part of the whole.

• Hugs
amnesia999

amnesia999

Lie, lie, lie - Life is a lie
Jun 30, 2024
Ask if they have visiting hours, then round up some people you want to visit you. That could help with the boredom! ;-)

• Hugs
Priestess

Priestess

Feb 15, 2022
The Way Back (2010), I Love You Phillip Morris, The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe (2005), Goodbye Lenin, Lion, The pianist, Pride (2014), Brokedown Palace.

• Hugs
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
The stay might be a lot shorter than I thought it would. A psychiatrist talked to me and evaluated me to be within my senses and not delusional, but at risk of suicide. I will be moved to another mental health facility which I will be staying in voluntarily either until I decide to leave or until it becomes involuntary.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: maynoname, rozeske, -Link- and 1 other person
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
I spoke with a psychiatrist and got prescribed fluoxetine and a laxative. The stay at the moment is going to be anywhere from one week to who knows. The patients here are not very well behaved.

Had a humiliating shower this morning, and saw one patient hit a nurse hard on the ear. He's intellectually challenged. Felt bad for the nurse.

I picked up a poetry book, but damn, these poems are boring. Coleridge poetical works. Lots of women patients here, the library is all erotic literature. No Madame Bovary though @Lady Laudanum c:. I did ask. I will have to read it from my phone screen I guess.

I've been given access to my phone until 6.30pm. Since fluoxetine takes a while to work I'm probably staying here a while. Do I still want to die? Aye. I straight up told them that, so I am fucked sideways.

I've been assigned a therapist/clinical psych. Don't know when I will be seeing them. My parents called me to check on me. Funny. I can't be allowed visitors yet, but will be once I'm transferred from the transit ward to some other ward. I'm sharing the transit ward with a young Indian? woman and a senile old man. Nurses and staff are watching us like hawks 24/7. They're very nice people and I'm getting along very well with some of them.

On an additional note, I almost broke a door because my shoulders are too wide for me to pass through. I didn't even calculate it. I profusely apologised lol.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: DefinitelyReady and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Good luck, I wish you the very best. Anything to get us out of this feeling is always appreciated, even better if we can get it while still alive. Take care of yourself in there ❤️

• Hugs
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
Seeing so many nurses, paramedics, cops at work, made me realise that I chose the wrong career path. Should've gone into healthcare instead of math. I wonder how rewarding it must feel knowing you're helping others everyday.
I just got told that I cannot use my phone from the ward so I have to stay in another room. So I can't even read books online on my bed. Bruh.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: lacrimosa, doctordetritus, rozeske and 1 other person
LifeQuitter

LifeQuitter

Student
Jul 11, 2024
I recommend checking out the r/Antipsychiatry sub before taking any "medication".

• Hugs
maynoname

maynoname

Student
Aug 13, 2024
These moments are definitely not easy. You are very courageous. All my support.

• Hugs
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
I recommend checking out the r/Antipsychiatry sub before taking any "medication".
I'm well versed. I think I've seen all the Szasz videos.

I was given a FLAT spoon to eat mushroom soup with and it was glorious. I love their sense of humour.

Had a chat with a schizophrenic (?) who kept saying the same few phrases over and over, repeating the same numbers and street names. Impossible to talk to, but he let me know his dad died of cancer and his mom died in prison.

I'm not really afraid of anyone here, I'm twice the size of some people. I'll see if they will allow me to do pushups or something.

An older woman patient thought I was her husband. I don't remember paying for a marriage, but it's always a possibility that I got married while drunk. I will be rescinding my phone soon. Time to read.

I asked a friend to possibly deliver me Madame Bovary. This place is getting boring. No tv, no music, no earbuds. Some patients just... walk. They just walk. All the time. Back and forth.

Last edited:
Reactions: LifeQuitter
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

Jul 15, 2024
The staff here can barely speak one correct sentence in English. All they say is "Shower", "Eat", "Medicine", "Ok?".

Do I still want to die? Aye.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: DefinitelyReady, Tonkpils, doctordetritus and 1 other person
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
The staff here can barely speak one correct sentence in English. All they say is "Shower", "Eat", "Medicine", "Ok?".

Do I still want to die? Aye.
Dunno what language they DO speak, but if you ask/find out you could use your phone to translate :/