T

TwoWaysOnly

Dec 18, 2023
I am on my last university assignment. I have one more exam left. Today I had to hand in the repair of a homework assignment. I completed it, checked it again and again. Even improved something that was not necessary.

Then I noticed it. In this version of the assignment, I had to compute something called "**** value" for the case of "success" instead of "failure". This means the code looks exactly the same, except you switch around two values in three lines of code. They even had a note on the website that this is a common mistake, I did not notice it because my personal feedback was a paragraph below it.

Now, half an hour after the deadline, I had to email the people responsible and explain my mistake.

I have a job offer for next month and I just got the news that I passed my other exam today. With one exam left that I am confident I can pass, I get to sit around with this deep discomfort in my body. What can happen ?

- they let it go through and I can graduate
- they don't let it go through and I have to appeal like the pathetic idiot I am, for something I clearly don't deserve (I don't think they can give me another task, because it is so late in the year).

I am not spending another year at university. The company has not asked for grades for the contract. I swear, there are so many mistakes are just the result of the state I am in from previous mistakes.

I really want to know, if it were not for my parents, would I just do it, or is this something I tell myself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori