• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Unworthyoflove

Unworthyoflove

Student
Aug 7, 2022
if you had magic powers.... would you still want to leave this world ? I am asking you guys this, because I sometimes try to comfort myself by dreaming what my life would be like if I could do magic and turn myself into this wonderful person with a lot of talents, healthy mind, intelligence, beauty and everything else that makes a human being lovable. then of course I would use my magic to do a lot of fun and good things to also help others finding happiness . giving is such a wonderful thing. probably I would want to stay here for a longer while if I could do magic :) how about you ? if you want please feel free to also share if you have other daydreams you enjoy for comfort ( honestly I also often dream about a box of pento magically appear next to me )

Sick&TiredURGH

Sick&TiredURGH

Aug 8, 2022
A question frequently asked in therapy is what would you do if you had a magic wand?
At least that is what some therapists have asked me.
Having read and re-read The Wheel of Times series, the message I gleaned from it, with great power comes great responsibility.
But yes If I had the ability to be a sorcerer, then it's unlikely I would be pursuing the path that I am now set upon.

• Love
Reactions: Unworthyoflove
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I wouldn't want to live no matter what. To me, non existence is always preferable to any kind of life, the only magic powers that I would be interested in is ones that would completely erase my existence.

Stormypwns

Stormypwns

Nov 20, 2020
You see, there are two parts to my answer here.
My ego says that of course, if I could suddenly magically become intelligent, beautiful, talented, lovable, etc. why wouldn't I want to live? That would take care of all my current problems, right?
But my logical mind says no, no one on this planet is happy. I doubt Bezos truly sleeps well at night. Because no matter what a person has, they could always have better, even if they're the most well off person on the planet. If it was so easy for humans to find contentment, we wouldn't be the dominant species on the planet. It literally is because of our insatiable need to 'better ourselves' (or in more cynical terms, greed) that we keep making advancements in technology, etc. It is my belief that any species who becomes the dominant species on their planet through evolution could never be happy, because as they say 'necessity is the mother of invention', and a species can only continue to evolve if it's individuals keep searching for something more.

Furthermore, I believe that the solution to the fermi paradox (why we haven't yet met ailens) is because after a certain point any advanced civilization's individuals would realize the futility of their own existence and end themselves. Either that or, they DO find happiness somehow, and that contentedness would eventually lead to the species ending naturally over time due to social degradation.

So yeah, long dramatized reply, but that's my take. As a side note, I feel like suddenly gaining all this through super powers instead of having to 'level through it' or just plain old self improvement in other terms, would take away the effort and reward aspect of the process. What I mean by that is that it would have the same effect as activating cheats in a video game. It's fun for a few minutes but quickly grows boring. The whole point is the process of getting there. (unfortunately real life isn't a video game, and you may never 'get there')

Unworthyoflove

Unworthyoflove

Student
Aug 7, 2022
You see, there are two parts to my answer here.
My ego says that of course, if I could suddenly magically become intelligent, beautiful, talented, lovable, etc. why wouldn't I want to live? That would take care of all my current problems, right?
But my logical mind says no, no one on this planet is happy. I doubt Bezos truly sleeps well at night. Because no matter what a person has, they could always have better, even if they're the most well off person on the planet. If it was so easy for humans to find contentment, we wouldn't be the dominant species on the planet. It literally is because of our insatiable need to 'better ourselves' (or in more cynical terms, greed) that we keep making advancements in technology, etc. It is my belief that any species who becomes the dominant species on their planet through evolution could never be happy, because as they say 'necessity is the mother of invention', and a species can only continue to evolve if it's individuals keep searching for something more.

Furthermore, I believe that the solution to the fermi paradox (why we haven't yet met ailens) is because after a certain point any advanced civilization's individuals would realize the futility of their own existence and end themselves. Either that or, they DO find happiness somehow, and that contentedness would eventually lead to the species ending naturally over time due to social degradation.

So yeah, long dramatized reply, but that's my take. As a side note, I feel like suddenly gaining all this through super powers instead of having to 'level through it' or just plain old self improvement in other terms, would take away the effort and reward aspect of the process. What I mean by that is that it would have the same effect as activating cheats in a video game. It's fun for a few minutes but quickly grows boring. The whole point is the process of getting there. (unfortunately real life isn't a video game, and you may never 'get there')
interesting views you have on this. thank you :) yes, you could be right with saying that nobody is really happy. Or at least not all the time, wich is normal I believe. In the case of bezos and other extreme rich people its a bit more complicated. I ve worked for and with a lot of very rich people and since then I know they are probably even unhappier than us here. money doesnt make people loved, safe and happy. its very stressful to be like them. and also I think that people like bezos are often narccesistic psychopaths/sociopaths and mostly part of some evil cult or club where they dont sleep because they are vampires or something like that ;) therefore certain emotions of love and happiness is not reachable for them anyway. also I wonder if we really are the dominant species here. maybe we are not aware of´ who and what is also here and rules over us in the shadows... I am sceptic. and yes, you are so right about it being a bit boring when the magic would make it too easy for us. but the thought gives me comfort for a few minutes anyway :)

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
If I had wish-granting level of magic powers than I would grant peoples wishes on this forum (possibly instant death to a lot of people, but who could stop me? I'm a genie now), and use the rest of the magic to eliminate any fallout.

If it gets too much, I could just wish myself dead, but with that level of magic power I could probably wish myself to a more stable existence so I didn't have to deal with all the mundane stuff from an unlucky life.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
God, I wish I could have magic ability to rewind the clock 2.5yrs! It's actually a bit too painful to think about too much. Although there is some momentary comfort in the thought of the prospect.

• Love
Unworthyoflove

Unworthyoflove

Student
Aug 7, 2022
God, I wish I could have magic ability to rewind the clock 2.5yrs! It's actually a bit too painful to think about too much. Although there is some momentary comfort in the thought of the prospect.
yes, been there too. wanting to rewind time so often...to undo all my mistakes. could be another thread....what would be if we all could travel back in time ? ;) maybe a big butterfly effect movie disaster lol

Leech

Leech

ɴᴏᴡ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴʟy ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ʀᴇᴀʟ
Aug 8, 2020
If I had the ability to turn invisible, I'd be PRETTY damn happy not gonna lie. Would definitely be a curative for me.

• Love
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
Having superpowers wouldn't change anything, because it's the attitude you show in the face of adversity that will give you a life worth living.
Superpowers are of no use if you're not the right person and I'm not.

//

No cambiaría res el fet de tenir superpoders, perquè és la actitud que mostris davant la adversitat el que et lliurarà en safata una vida que valgui la pena de viure.
El superpoders no serveixen de res si no ets la persona adequada i jo no ho sóc pas.

• Love
Unworthyoflove

Unworthyoflove

Student
Aug 7, 2022
Having superpowers wouldn't change anything, because it's the attitude you show in the face of adversity that will give you a life worth living.
Superpowers are of no use if you're not the right person and I'm not.

//

No cambiaría res el fet de tenir superpoders, perquè és la actitud que mostris davant la adversitat el que et lliurarà en safata una vida que valgui la pena de viure.
El superpoders no serveixen de res si no ets la persona adequada i jo no ho sóc pas.
hhmm....es clar que tens rao .....but I thought that I kinda made a point about the magic turning me into the right person ;)

want2dienow

want2dienow

Atari hazure?
Jul 24, 2022
ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

• Love
nys

nys

mors mihi lucrum
Jun 1, 2022
If I had the ability to go back in time and change my past, there would be no reason for me to ctb anymore because I wouldn't have any trauma from my childhood anymore. I wish I could do that ):

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
This is the power I would want. Still going to ctb, but I'm taking all you fuckers with me :haha:

• Love
FFTMGD

FFTMGD

Jun 7, 2019
Only here because I feel powerless to change anything. Magic is a game changer that would give me hope of an inner strength that could open potential...
But my faith in it has dampened so I am here on these forums once again.

H

H.O.Xan

Experienced
Feb 1, 2023
I feel like supernatural powers would grant us each an ability to change an aspect we hate abt ourselves so CTB will not seem so compelling anymore