B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
knowing what you know now, is there a time in your life where you could travel back to, and prevent you from the path of suicide?

If so, what would you to do/say to your past self to prevent yourself from making the vitial mistakes?

Or did you never have a choice in the manner? no matter what you do, there is no point in your life where you could save yourself?

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Caustic Cardinals and 6 others
N

Nofaith

Sep 16, 2018
I'd have to go back to the first day of school. So I would be one mouthy kid.

If I can start off on a solid foundation, the teen years would have been a breeze.

There are some things that can't be changed, because of the time we are living in. The only thing I could change, is how I react and knowing the reason behind why, certain things happened.

I think about this a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: fuckthis, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ben and 3 others
Lizzie S.

Lizzie S.

Experienced
Sep 2, 2018
I wouldn't have gotten eye surgery, I wouldn't have left my ex, I wouldn't have oded on heroin, and I would have started skincare when I was younger

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ben and 3 others
skyofAuroras

skyofAuroras

Student
Apr 10, 2018
There are a few small things I would change, but for the most part I don't think I would change anything.

Most situations I've been through have been mostly out of my control. I was only able to do much. I did the best I could, but it just goes to show that sometimes your best isn't good enough.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ben and Maravillosa
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

I'll See You Guys On The Other Side Of The Rainbow
Aug 26, 2018
Maybe don't take education for granted. While I was a straight A student in school, I pretty much bullshitted my way through things and didn't actually learn. I'd probably still be suicidal, but it probably wouldn't be as bad. I might live till I'm really really old before I kill myself.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ben, Maravillosa and 1 other person
ikuchan

ikuchan

ying
Aug 28, 2018
it's an awful thing to think of yourself as a lost cause even from the start but no matter how hard i try, i can't think of a single thing i could have done that would have made a difference

the hand i was dealt with had always been a bust

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Ben and 3 others
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
Yes 3 yr ago say no to psychiatry

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains, Ben, zadig777 and 2 others
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
not a whole lot, but to make things less urgent, jus not trust parents so much and get a few things in place before the shit hits the fan

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Ben
M

Morning Angel

Useless Broken Wings
Aug 8, 2018
knowing what you know now, is there a time in your life where you could travel back to, and prevent you from the path of suicide?

If so, what would you to do/say to your past self to prevent yourself from making the vitial mistakes?

Or did you never have a choice in the manner? no matter what you do, there is no point in your life where you could save yourself?
Yes, a time machine would be great. I'd wind it back to last April. Maybe late 2016. I don't like to entertain hypotheticals at this juncture though.

Z

zadig777

naive fool
Sep 18, 2018
if i knew that antidepressants would kill all the pleasure i can get from life forever,i would never take them
i would go back in time and dump them in the trash and go for benzos and alcohol
now im utterly fucked but that's that..

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
what happened to u?

People will be sick of repeating but i feel lobotomised and poisoned by Prozac. Was three years ago and I just seem to worsen and worsen. Acid electrical burning feeling,,

Sorry I forgot to reply to your post on my page

Reactions: Ben
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018

2004. 2005 at the latest

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
I often go back to one day in 2015 and compared to now was heaven on earth and replay it

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains, Ben and lostinthedream
Z

zadig777

naive fool
Sep 18, 2018
People will be sick of repeating but i feel lobotomised and poisoned by Prozac. Was three years ago and I just seem to worsen and worsen. Acid electrical burning feeling,,

Sorry I forgot to reply to your post on my page

same here but not by prozac
no hope for us since doctors dont believe us

Z

zadig777

naive fool
Sep 18, 2018
Yes and can't see how they can't see the bloody obvious

even if they saw they wouldn't have the answer for shure

what are ur pains atm
i have read shitloads of literature mb i could help u ifu give me details

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
even if they saw they wouldn't have the answer for shure

what are ur pains atm
i have read shitloads of literature mb i could help u ifu give me details

Me too I don't think answer for me..

Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018

And you, Ben?

Reactions: Ben and zadig777
B

Ben

Warlock
Sep 12, 2018
I would travel back to grade 10. High school was still a impressionable time for me, so it would be easy if got schooled by my future self hah.

I would tell me

"actually try in class. You're smart enough to be with the nerds but you don't do shit and in your in the burnout classes. Grades actually matter here. You're going to waste a lot of your adult time upgrading your classes because you don't give a shit now. You are not going to lose your burnout friends if you embrace studying and hard work."

And then hit me with a little

"Stop doing drugs, it's easy to think everything going to be fine, because it will be for a long time. But one day, this shit is going to stop being fun, and it's going to take over your life. You don't need to personally experience everything. You're way too young, and more people know what you do then you think. People know your a druggie, dumbass."

Followed up by of course

"Don't worry about mom and dad. Their problems are their problems, not yours. When you move out, you'll realize how little their bullshit actually affects you. Stop arguing with them, you'll never win, and you only get punished. Keep your mouth shut until you are 18 and get the hell out of there."

Almost forgot to mention

"You need to stop wasting time, find out what you want in life, and start pursuing it now. You can be soooo far ahead of the pack if you start early, and it will only help you keep a postive life. You need these things, you've given up on everything you thought you love, and now you have nothing. Find a passion and start now, you little shit"

How am I going to not say

"Dump that girl right now. You're going to waste your prime- freshly adult life with her. She's going to leave you emotionally scarred and you're going to waste thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars on her.

Also sprinkle in some

"You need to learn life management skills. You're kicking a rock during your prime learning period, and you're gunna wonder why the hell you are not prepared for life. It's because you didn't prepare, dummy."

Without overthinking, and rambling on forever, I'd end it with

"You have so much potential. You wasted it all once, don't do it again."

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Wantingpeace
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
I like that going back and talking to younger self.

I would say

"Dont let anyone tell you your too shy or too sensitive. Don't try to fit in to what other People expect and pidgeon hole self into work and a life that doesnt fit you. And don't let psychiatry tell you their is something wrong with you, as there really will be after their treatment".

blueming

blueming

if we can stand outside the borders of time
Sep 21, 2018
I don't think anything would have made a difference.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Caustic Cardinals

Caustic Cardinals

Enlightened
Sep 1, 2018
The only thing I can really think of any response to this hypothetical question would be to go back and get myself adopted before the age of 5 by a progressive educated family. Other than that I would like to prevent my conception.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Wantingpeace
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

Aug 26, 2018
Now that I've read through this thread, did any of you ever have an adult tell you these things? "Try hard in school", "Just be yourself", "Don't be with them, they're no good for you", etc, etc. Would you believe it if an old person came to you saying that they are you and said to not do this and do that instead? Will your younger self understand?

Reactions: Schopenhauer and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Wantingpeace

Wantingpeace

Wizard
Aug 16, 2018
Now that I've read through this thread, did any of you ever have an adult tell you these things? "Try hard in school", "Just be yourself", "Don't be with them, they're no good for you", etc, etc. Would you believe it if an old person came to you saying that they are you and said to not do this and do that instead? Will your younger self understand?

I don't understand lol

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains
Desperate_Soul

Desperate_Soul

Aug 26, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Fallen_From_Grace

Fallen_From_Grace

An Angel’s Broken Wings
Sep 26, 2018
I'd go back to when I was 13, and tell myself to avoid some people that I would come across later. Because if I could take away the 6 dark months when I was 14, my life may be way easier now.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
eczema

eczema

Oct 6, 2018
mother's day in 8th grade, got in an argument with my best friend and she dumped me. i loved her like a sister and my whole world revolved around her. i think about her every day, and even though it's been years i still miss her so much it hurts.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and Desperate_Soul
S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
I'd go back to the time when I was 15/16, and tell myself to *please* kill myself ASAP. I'd kill my younger self if I could.

"If you think life will get better, it won't."

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
Trashcan

Trashcan

Trash
Aug 31, 2018
The only thing I would've done differently is killed myself sooner.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras, bag.of.cats and 1 other person