J

jj83

May 14, 2021
If I survive taking two bottles of Nembutal and am taken to the ER, can they arrest me for possession?

poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
they can, but they wont. Emergency departments don't call the cops on patients and even if they did, cops would usually not prosecute someone for trying to kill themselves, most likely just ask questions about where you got it from. But if you don't encounter the police on your trip to the ER, the doctors won't call them because of basic patient confidentiality

Reactions: jj83 and lobster salad
D

Drimacus

Student
Jun 9, 2021
If I survive taking two bottles of Nembutal and am taken to the ER, can they arrest me for possession?
I don't think so. Because if you already consumed it you no longer posses it.

Reactions: jj83 and boc
D

Drimacus

Student
Jun 9, 2021
These bottles will already be empty, so I don't think you should worry about being arrested for possession. Because someone must be caught with illegal substances in their hands or at home, in their car, ect., to be charged with possession. And an empty bottle is just an empty bottle. And then I hardly believe that it is possible to survive such a dose of N so there is nothing to worry about it.

Reactions: jj83
PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

I just want to sell out my funeral
Feb 21, 2019
they can, but they wont. Emergency departments don't call the cops on patients and even if they did, cops would usually not prosecute someone for trying to kill themselves, most likely just ask questions about where you got it from. But if you don't encounter the police on your trip to the ER, the doctors won't call them because of basic patient confidentiality
Kind of, but not quite. There is mandated reporting if you believe a patient may reasonably repeat again using the same method and they can test to see what you took. Would they arrest you? Highly unlikely, but it is probable you could go on some sort of watch list for drugs/importing, to the point it may make life more complicated down the line. It's definitely something to prepare for and acknowledge as a possibility. Nothing is without risk unfortunately, which is an even crueler reality for those of us who just want peace.
These bottles will already be empty, so I don't think you should worry about being arrested for possession. Because someone must be caught with illegal substances in their hands or at home, in their car, ect., to be charged with possession. And an empty bottle is just an empty bottle. And then I hardly believe that it is possible to survive such a dose of N so there is nothing to worry about it.
They would be highly unlikely to arrest you and you're correct to be charged with possession you have to be caught with it, but if they can test to see you took it and if they have reasonable cause to believe you may attempt again (at the discretion of the healthcare professional), they may be mandated to report you and you could go on a watch list, etc. definitely not the scenario OP is thinking of where they're hauled off to jail in a police car, but it's not without risks and drawing attention to yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: jj83