Tintypographer

Tintypographer

I am done as of 4-21-2023. Somewhere I am no more
Apr 29, 2020
Some people want to be remembered. They desire some marker of their passing. From the great pyramid and stellar with inscriptions of ancient civilizations lionizing generals and emperors. Today we name airports and streets and buildings. Companies are named after their founders and the "legacy" of a person becomes so important.

I'm so different. I want to be forgotten. Not just by society but even by my family and close friends. I just want to be ignored, not depended on, completely disappear from all memories and history.

Somewhere I assume there was a peasant who lived a short life, did nothing of importance, the local community barely knew him and he died without any lasting impact. I just want to disappear without a trace and without anyone ever having to remember me or feel a sense of loss or feel that I deserve credit for anything.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Longman, Fin, LastWhisper and 14 others
sunsetintehwoods

sunsetintehwoods

Same rules apply
Feb 22, 2021
Can relate. I used to feel this way so much in childhood when i was kinda stressed out. Like what kind of magic i can use to disappear completely? Where's my
Cloak of Invisibility at least?

But it seems nearly impossible in our society with so much dependencies. May be same impossible like succesfully leaving with a legacy. Where not every legacy need to be leaving behind tbh.

I thought Thom Yorke knows more about How To Disappear Completely, but it fireworks and hurricanes again so here some polish ambient

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I feel the same way, I have been depressed my whole life. I just don't think I was made for this life and that my soul belongs elsewhere, not trapped inside this body. Death causes too much of an impact. I just want to fade away.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Fin, Good4Nothing, demuic and 2 others
A

AE2021

Experienced
Sep 21, 2020
I also really relate to this. I just want to be dust in the wind one day without any type of remembrance. There is a lot of crap, cruelty and lack of compassion and empathy in this existence. I want to be totally free of it.

MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I feel the same way.. If its possible to become completely invisible I would have done it. Is it because shame or guilt? Probably.. I just want to disappear.

• Hugs
Reactions: Isisnefert
L

life-eternal

Student
Nov 11, 2020
Feel the exact same way. I wish to have never been born. I want to CTB soon but the thought of hurting family/friends/partner is messing with my CTB plans. Ultimately I will have to choose one side, and I hope it is the CTB side.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fin
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think we will all be forgotten, even in some decades, unless we're some kind of Elon Musk.
Also, I think we really die once no one in this world remembers us. For instance, I think the last person who will know I existed in this world will be my nephew and that's it. No more memories of me. Just one more forgotten random guy in this infinite universe.

• Hugs
Reactions: AE2021 and Isisnefert
DarkWolf

DarkWolf

Worthless Loser
Mar 29, 2021
Yeah me too I just want to disappear without a trace. I wish I had never existed to begin with.

Reactions: Fin, Isisnefert and HowNowBrownCow
PlathWannaBe

PlathWannaBe

Nov 15, 2019
There are two ways to think about this.

1) Even known, long dead figures such as Pharoahs have been long since forgotten. Sure, we may know their name, or possibly what they ate, who they married, which pyramid they're buried in, but no one alive today knew what these Pharaohs were *truly* like. We do not know the personality of these people anymore- were they kind? What made them happy? What problems did they have in their childhoods? If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you don't really know the person, meaning that the true person (their personality) has long since been forgotten. You may know their name, but their true identity has long since vanished. They are in essence forgotten.

2) Once you die, because you are no longer a witness to time, time in essence speeds back up to what it was like before you were born. Meaning, before your birth, none of us had to wait for the universe to form, this solar system to be forged and eventually this planet to come into being. We were not aware of time, as we didn't exist, so waiting for these monumental things to transpire, all of that happened in "no time", from our unborn point of view. In essence, when we die, we revert back to this "unborn point view". We will no longer experience time, and upon our death, basically the whole universe will have ended- our sun will expand, possibly singing or even swallowing the earth, black holes will slowly melt away, and neutron stars I believe, will be the last beings to exist in the universe before they also fade to oblivion. So basically when you die, time speeds up, and we're all already forgotten along with the universe! Lol

Reactions: Fin and HowNowBrownCow
HowNowBrownCow

HowNowBrownCow

Dec 28, 2018
I wish I could press a button and undo my entire existence

Reactions: Isisnefert
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
I want to be remembered, as something else.

Scatter my ashes to the wind so I become air. This gound is too firm to breathe and memories smother like beating spider webs.

I want to forget me.

Reactions: AE2021
PlathWannaBe

PlathWannaBe

Nov 15, 2019
Ok, apparently, black holes will be the last beings that see this universe, before they wink out of existence forever, according to the Heat Death Theory of the universe. Thanks Wikipedia.

Then, everything is truly forgotten!

• Love
Reactions: AE2021, MindFrog and Good4Nothing
Lucien

Lucien

A Nameless Monster
Mar 7, 2021
People are drawn to leaving legacies when the power trip is in its final stages. The bards came up with the ego-stroking motiffs about rebels or intellectuals whose spirit persists. They did it for kings too since the pay is better.

Reactions: AE2021 and GenesAndEnvironment
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
It will be hard for family but people are so brainwashed into their daily life and routines, you soon get forgotten.

Cheers

Geo

• Love
Reactions: Isisnefert and AE2021