Hiraeth
May 7, 2018
Hey Op, how are you still with us?

Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
and I'm feeling the same I was before, what the fuck
It should calm you as it is a beta-blocker. The drug is mainly used for cardiovascular issues (hypertension, control heart rhythm, anxiety, etc.). Should start feeling calmer...

Pen>Sword

Pen>Sword

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam
Jan 13, 2021
Nothing changed still? Not even your blood pressure?

Reactions: Greenberg
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
What @Greenberg said. Also, be careful of low blood pressure - going from standing to sitting can cause dizziness/fainting.

800 mg is a very high dose, but it is not necessarily fatal if that was what you had intended? I read somewhere that a fatal dose of propranolol is highly variable among people.

If it was the extended release formulation, it may take longer to clear your system - so watch for that. Here is some information on propranolol at a regular dose that might help:

Hope you are doing ok.

<3

MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
If you're not under the influence or have other health problems this is not likely to kill you. Please relax while it leaves your system.

NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
I'm back, I wasn't trying to commit suicide, just wanted to give myself some damage, but apprentely did nothing. I felt absolutely nothing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm back, I wasn't trying to commit suicide, just wanted to give myself some damage, but apprentely did nothing. I felt absolutely nothing.

I know that feeling very well.
However, try not to do it again because you might end up in a worse state than now and it will really suck.

Hugs,

Matt

• Hugs
Reactions: NothingElseMatters
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Glad to hear you are ok @NothingElseMatters (your nic here reminds me of the song by Metallica - which is a favorite of mine).

Be careful to watch for any delayed symptoms. I believe it takes one to two days to get out of a person's system; however, with a dose of 800 mg, I am not sure if the same holds true.

I am pretty surprised that you felt nothing - propranolol at much lower doses is very good for anxiety and blood pressure. Sudden withdrawal of propranolol was linked to MI (myocardial infarction) awhile back; although, this was after longer-term use at lower doses. No telling what a dose of 800 mg does though. Also, with respect to anxiety (and I am not sure if they still do this), they used to give low doses to people who were scared of public speaking to calm them down for their presentations. And it really worked.

Maybe what you took was not propranolol or was expired/inactive?

More importantly though, am glad that you are ok : )

Reactions: NothingElseMatters and Greenberg
NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
Glad to hear you are ok @NothingElseMatters (your nic here reminds me of the song by Metallica - which is a favorite of mine).

Be careful to watch for any delayed symptoms. I believe it takes one to two days to get out of a person's system; however, with a dose of 800 mg, I am not sure if the same holds true.

I am pretty surprised that you felt nothing - propranolol at much lower doses is very good for anxiety and blood pressure. Sudden withdrawal of propranolol was linked to MI (myocardial infarction) awhile back; although, this was after longer-term use at lower doses. No telling what a dose of 800 mg does though. Also, with respect to anxiety (and I am not sure if they still do this), they used to give low doses to people who were scared of public speaking to calm them down for their presentations. And it really worked.

Maybe what you took was not propranolol or was expired/inactive?

More importantly though, am glad that you are ok : )
thank you...

no, it's not expired, I bought it 1 month ago at a pharmacy. I think I felt nothing because I'm a big fat fuck. 6'3 and 275lbs.

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
My dad was 6'2/245 lbs - he was huge but I would not say he was a "fat fuck."
He was pretty evil though, which is far worse than a person's appearance in my book of life. : )

People of your height/weight (or BMI) are typically included in drug studies and are therefore accounted for in product labelling (and this would apply to propranolol as well).

Genetics are an odd beast. IME in the pharmaceutical industry, there have been many instances of meds not working when they clearly should have given their mechanism of action or at the opposite extreme (albeit more rare), meds that kill no matter how benign the med seems to be - like an otherwise healthy 26-year-old getting an antibiotic for a sinus infection, which, after taking a couple of doses caused multi-organ system failure and death - and it was not an allergic reaction, which are well-known with antibiotics. He should not have died - and at the time, there was no way to do genetic testing to see what happened. (It was so very tragic to see what happened to him - but it does happen).

Maybe it just boils down to different genetics or a strong constitution where you do not feel the effects as much as others do? And by constitution I mean a higher threshold to withstand potential side effects (similar to those who have a high threshold for pain)?

<3

• Hugs
Reactions: NothingElseMatters