sgifeei

sgifeei

May 28, 2024
I think I have Borderline personality disorder since I check all the boxes, but my therapist never talked to me about my symptoms being that, I THINK she even told me its not BPD but just symptoms that are result of trauma, but isnt that exactly what BPD is?
I also dont wanna sound like I only want a diagnosis or anything, but it is easier to know its a condition rather than personality trait, and you can Imagine how I would feel if the symptoms of BPD are my personality trait.
How to approach for this?
Pleeease give me any advice :(

Todsünde

Todsünde

witnessing the battle between my body and my soul
Apr 20, 2024
I would be very forward about it but that's just how I am with things in general.
For all diagnosis you have to do tests which will check for a lot of things.
If you think that it would help you to have a name for your condition (for many it does for others it just doesn't) talk to your therapist about it. If you don't wanna be straight forward about the BPD diagnose just talk about how you would like to find a name for what ever you're going through and you think that it would help. Usually it will take quite some time because many diagnosis aren't just plain and simple to diagnose and many of them have the same symptoms which can also lead to false ones.
So if you feel comfortable enough with your therapist just be open about it and see what comes from it. I wish u the very best and the strength needed

Reactions: sgifeei