fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
I got so upset hearing my dad misgender me when he thought I couldn't hear. But why? I never intended to come out. I was outed. It's impossible to always call me the correct pronouns at home and the other ones in public. It's better if they always all me the wrong ones. But I act irrational, because it hurts. Coming out might help in a nice world, but that's not the one we live in. If I come out, then almost every wrong pronoun is from someone who knew better. It's either their fault for wanting to hurt me, or mine, for still being seen as a woman. It's a pain that will never go away, because transphobia's only gotten worse the older I've gotten. I think I'll kill myself in a dress, whenever I finally do it, give the people what they want so badly

• Hugs
Reactions: set0553 and FallFromGrace
FallFromGrace

FallFromGrace

Too Little, Too Late
Jun 4, 2024
It's not irrational to be upset when someone knowingly misgenders you, especially when it's someone who's supposed to support you. Don't let transphobes get under your skin - they're hardly worth the air that they breathe.

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight
rokonie

rokonie

Jun 3, 2024
Of course it feels bad when people don't accept you for your true self, and it's especially cruel to have that come from your family. I'm sorry the world is filled with hateful people. No matter what they think, only you know your identity best. Hang in there OP :S

• Hugs
Reactions: fleetingnight