rotten

rotten

Student
Apr 14, 2021
In real life I have this tendency to drive people away. I've been thinking about it quite a bit and I realize it may be due to my desensitization to harsh situations. Like today I casually mentioned a bad story about family to a friend of mine (it was related to what they were talking about) And of course now they are ignoring me. I suppose maybe I was talking about it too lightly, like I was talking about what I had for lunch. But I can't always help it, I'm usually numb. I'm always questioning whether I'm under reacting or if everyone else is overreacting. I just really need to blend in better or just never speak at all because this is really starting to hurt.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: death137, FuneralCry, JustAMatterOfTime and 4 others
E

Empty gas can

May 3, 2021
Sorry you're going through this. That person doesn't look like much of a friend if you can't talk about your problems. Nobody likes misery and it's usually a huge red flag for normal people, especially if they don't know you, but real friends are supposed to be there for you.

Reactions: rotten
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah, that's happened to me a few times.

I guess that's one the reasons why I'm all alone!

Reactions: rotten
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Reactions: Empty gas can
E

Empty gas can

May 3, 2021
That's why so many of us can't have "normal" friends
Absolutely. They just can't and won't handle it. Being unhappy/having mental health issues is still super marginalized, whatever anybody might say.

Reactions: rotten and demuic
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Many of these harsh situations are part of life and if people won't talk about them then there will be more stigma towards them and people who are going through them will just become isolated. I get what you mean about the desensitization, I think once somebody has suffered a lot in life, sensitive subjects don't affect them in the same way.

Reactions: Empty gas can and rotten