NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
I know you're proprably tired of me writing this kinda of stuff, but I have no one to vent to. I fucked up my future real bad, I can't say exactly what happened, but the most devastated area was the financial one. I could be free from work forever if I had done things right. needless to say, I'm also screwed when it comes to love, but that's another story.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, Beachedwhale, noname223 and 5 others
A

antmann

May 14, 2021
Same here man, I wouldn't say I had the brightest future, but I definitely could've lived a normal life if it wasn't for my terrible decisions

Reactions: Beachedwhale and Bullit
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Not tired at all.
Feel free to write whatever you want.
I'll do nothing but try to understand the way you feel and help you somehow.

Let me tell you this:

I've made LOTS of mistakes throughout my life.
My past used to haunt me every single day.

However, there is some hope! We can't change our past but we can create a better future by making the right decisions from now on!!

Sure, it won't be easy because as you probably know, depression loves draining our energy but...
If I could stop being a NEET (I was that kind of person for almost 3 years), I think some people can do it too.

Hope you can win this battle!

Hugs and love,

Matt

In2TheVoid

In2TheVoid

Pathological
Feb 18, 2021
Me too, I actually had a great future but totally destroyed it with a bad decision

Reactions: noname123
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, this life can be very cruel. Our regrets can torture us and we can spend so much time wishing we did things differently. It can make existing painful, I get that.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I would have been way better off if I made worse decisions in my early adolescence.

L

luten

work, love, and learn
Feb 25, 2021
I am sorry to read about your predicament. I also made bad decisions, so many times, which I cannot undo. The thing is, nothing is permanent, your successes in the past are all gone. The truth is that we need to live a life that is sustainable, which means that we have to keep growing, regardless of how successful we were in the past. In fact research shows that we will have to re-invent ourselves every 5 years, by 2030, because of pace in technological development. People are becoming more skilled, more competitive. Yuval Noah Harari did a talk about this at google headquarters. His exact words "the only certainty that we have about the future is that we will have to re-invent ourselves every 5 years, and that we need skills to be able to handle stress". So he said, if you want to invest in something now for the future, invest in things that can help you manage stress, like meditation, exercise etc. Forget about the past, think about your potential future.

Last edited:
Reactions: logan
logan

logan

Warlock
May 20, 2021
I also had a happy and fulfilled life.
I ruined everything by making some wrong decisions.
What hurts most is that you are responsible for it yourself.

Reactions: Somage
B

Beachedwhale

Mage
Mar 3, 2021
I did the same, but it isn't until now that I realised why I had made those decisions. It was due to childhood trauma.

So now I know that if that trauma can be treated, then I will be able to make better decisions for myself.

Reactions: In2TheVoid