L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Last night, I couldn't take my medication because Clonazepam put me to sleep. They just came to tell me that counts as refusing medication. I have never hated anyone like I hate these psych ward nurses. Next time I am admitted, I will be dead. No problem. I will sneak in the right ingredients to end this.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: maynoname, LifeQuitter, Lostandlooking and 2 others
Davey40210

Davey40210

Even the stars make room for new stars
Sep 3, 2024
Its such a nightmare to me, being under the full control of other people.. I hope you manage to get out and find a solution (CTB or otherwise).

Reactions: LittleJem
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
Last night, I couldn't take my medication because Clonazepam put me to sleep. They just came to tell me that counts as refusing medication.
Obviously, this is ludicrous.

Most hospitals have a patient relations department or process, and this would be reportable to them, bearing in mind if you do something like this, it is absolutely critically important that you maintain an outwardly calm demeanour and stick to the facts as much as possible.

Perhaps nothing would come of it in your case, but the report would be a matter of record and could potentially go towards the hospital building a case against any particular nurse who is known to receive patient complaints, especially something like this which seems tantamount to patient abuse. So even if you never hear anything about it, you never know... Such a report could actually wind up being used in part as grounds to fire an abusive nurse. Or if not outright firing, then for disciplinary hearings, probation, demotions, etc. -- things that only ever happen behind closed doors, never publicly.

These types of reports can be done retroactively, so it's not something you'd have to set your mind to right away. You could take time to think about it, maybe talk to someone you trust, etc.

I know you flagged this as a venting post and I don't say all this to push it on you by any means -- just for you or anybody else who might be reading this, nurses are accountable and patients do have options if mistreatment or outright abuse is happening. You'd look for anything to do with "patient relations" or "patient advocates" or "patients' rights" advocacy or representatives. The processes and terms vary by jurisdiction.

I'm sorry you were treated like that and I do hope this situation gets better for you.

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem, Tonkpils and Tenebrion
uniqueusername22

uniqueusername22

custom title
Jul 25, 2024
agreed so much, i hate psych ward nurses. so condescending and power hungry, ALWAYS

• Love
Reactions: LittleJem