illvoid

illvoid

he/it
Aug 11, 2022
Christianity is not a religious belief anymore, it is a hate cult that preaches "love" and "acceptance" while demonstrating the opposite. If someone tells me they are a Christian or mentions god to me, I will no longer speak with them. You don't get to be part of a hate group while being part of my life. As a trans person I feel immediately unsafe when someone claims to be a Christian or follow any Abrahamic religion for that matter. When you see what has been done to America's legal system (which blatantly calls for a separation of church and state) in the name of "God", it's hard not to feel that way. God and the Bible have been used as justifications for hate for so long that "Love thy neighbor" has been reduced to an actual fucking joke. I'm apparently hateful for hating them BACK. I've been told numerous times by self-proclaimed christians that I WILL be tortured for eternity because of who I am. I believe the first instance of this was a full grown adult telling me I would go to hell because my parents were not Baptists. I was about 9 or 10. After that, from age 14 onward, it was pretty much always because I'm transgender. I'm "an abomination", I have "thrown away the body that god gave me", I am "unable to be saved at this point", I am "perverted", I will "never see the pearly gates" since i've "desecrated myself", I have been "tainted by the devil". These are all real things I was told by Christians before I was even 18 years old. When I was a CHILD. They truly believe it's okay to harass and outcast a child because they're not like them. I have genuinely no respect for any person who calls themselves a Christian anymore, that's been ruined for me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, ForgottenAgain, enduringwinter and 14 others
schrei_nach_liebe

schrei_nach_liebe

Experienced
Jul 6, 2023
Yeah, I agree. I find one of the abrahamic religions to not be as repulsive to me because the followers don't follow it that closely, in general. But when followed closely, almost as repulsive as the other two. Monotheistic religious crap makes me nauseous when people are performative about it and endlessly verbalize bless this Jesus that allah this inshallah that. There's a lot to hate about the polytheistic ones too, but I guess it feels less bad to me to put your eggs in a bunch of baskets rather than all in one basket.

Reactions: uglyugly, summa_tyme2224 and LifeQuitter
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36, Professor K and Just_Another_Person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
This is like me but for islam instead of christianity

Reactions: divinemistress36
shrobae

shrobae

pro invicto
Sep 9, 2024
Christianity is not a religious belief anymore, it is a hate cult that preaches "love" and "acceptance" while demonstrating the opposite. If someone tells me they are a Christian or mentions god to me, I will no longer speak with them. You don't get to be part of a hate group while being part of my life. As a trans person I feel immediately unsafe when someone claims to be a Christian or follow any Abrahamic religion for that matter. When you see what has been done to America's legal system (which blatantly calls for a separation of church and state) in the name of "God", it's hard not to feel that way. God and the Bible have been used as justifications for hate for so long that "Love thy neighbor" has been reduced to an actual fucking joke. I'm apparently hateful for hating them BACK. I've been told numerous times by self-proclaimed christians that I WILL be tortured for eternity because of who I am. I believe the first instance of this was a full grown adult telling me I would go to hell because my parents were not Baptists. I was about 9 or 10. After that, from age 14 onward, it was pretty much always because I'm transgender. I'm "an abomination", I have "thrown away the body that god gave me", I am "unable to be saved at this point", I am "perverted", I will "never see the pearly gates" since i've "desecrated myself", I have been "tainted by the devil". These are all real things I was told by Christians before I was even 18 years old. When I was a CHILD. They truly believe it's okay to harass and outcast a child because they're not like them. I have genuinely no respect for any person who calls themselves a Christian anymore, that's been ruined for me.
đź‘Ť well i dont hate you, im sorry you feel that way though. blanket statements are never right

IQLESS

IQLESS

Oct 25, 2021
Well, I think there is nothing to not understand about what you said. It makes sense you feel that way and I won't argue that the majority of Christians aren't even really 'Christians'. As a former conservative Christian I am incredibly sorry you were told these things like this. I think however It's still important to differentiate Christians from the actual faith/teachings themselves, however I'm sure that many would disagree with the teachings too which is a fair point now because I don't believe anymore either, that more due to the fact that there hasn't been enough evidence to support the reality of who Christ supposedly was. To my knowledge there is nothing taught by Christ that says to discriminate between 'sins' or judge anyone for that matter, that's the whole point, that we as humans are all corrupt to an extent and do not possess the capability to properly judge and that, as the saying goes why do we look at the sawdust in our brother's eye and not pay attention to the log in our own eyes. Also no Christian is better than a non-Christian either, again in the Christian perspective all people fall short of the glory of God, that's the whole point of Christ, God wouldn't leave us because he already knows that we can't do better and that's fine. Anyways enough yapping about that, I don't blame you for hating Christians. As for me personally a part of why I'm leaving this earth is because God doesn't exist. This is contrary to what the majority of people believe, but I think I'm entitled to have an opinion and I miss knowing an all-loving God, for there is no point in living in misery and suffering for absolutely nothing. Life is meaningless and I'm not here to humor the cruelty of life's misery and suffering for nothing, I'd rather take my leave.
I'm sorry for what you have been through and you deserve to really be loved, after everything all of us are just a bunch of peas in a pod, struggling and trying to make sense of this cruel reality that we live in. Hoping all the best for you, illvoid!

Reactions: divinemistress36
lxci

lxci

Lifelover
Sep 9, 2024
Based

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I feel like if Jesus was anything like he was in the Bible (and wasn't just a cult leader) and he were to one day come back, I bet your ass that most Christians would hate his guts. While there are Christians out there who genuinely seem to practice what they preach, a lot of them hide their hatred and bigotry behind their beliefs. A lot of Christians in places like the US and even Canada (to a slightly lesser extent) have a prosecution complex, fetishizing the idea of being a part of an oppressed religious class, when in reality they are the ones in power. They are the true oppressors. They perpetuate the most hate towards those around them. I'm not a fan of Abrahamic religions in general. I feel like they just do more harm than good, especially nowadays. They are just tools used to control the masses and uphold certain power structures. That's been the case in the past and it's still the case today. There is a reason why a lot of misogynists, racists, homophobes, transphobes, and those who lean more right have real boners for religions like Christianity.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and notwhereIbelong
SmallKoy

SmallKoy

Aficionado
Jan 18, 2024
I don't *hate* Christians, but I definitely have had a lot of very negative experiences with very devout Christians. My boyfriend is Christian but he doesn't really practice all that much. He just believes in afterlife and God pretty much. A lot of Christians wouldn't even call that being a Christian.

lamargue

lamargue

sleepwalker
Jun 5, 2024
i am an atheistic christian in spirit but i can sort of understand, since i have a distaste for evangelical dogmatism

uglyugly

uglyugly

Student
Aug 24, 2024
(Note: nothing in this reply is intended to offend anyone at all.) I don't hate Christians even though I am not religious at all. What I hate is the behavior of some (not all!) Christians, but for that matter, other religions pull plenty of crap, too. I hate "bible bangers" that are forever preaching to me about Jesus and burning in hell and blah blah blah.. I don't give a darn about who Jesus was, if he even existed, and I sure as hell am not planning on kissing his butt. I find the bible illogical and contradictory and I simply cannot see anything positive about it. I see Christian holidays that were completely stolen from pagan traditions and that, for some reason, pisses me off. If there is a creator of the universe, I have respect for its handiwork, but I will never grovel in front of a deity. I spent my entire childhood kissing my abuser's ass so he would not hurt me (he did anyhow) and I'll be damned if I spend my entire adulthood kissing some deity's ass so it does not hurt me. I find no function in religion other than to control the masses.

All this being said, I have many friend-coworkers who are Christian and so long as they don't preach at me (only one does), I get along just fine with them. I think those particular Christians are good people.

cantThinkOfName

cantThinkOfName

Sep 12, 2024
Religion are just a collection of beliefs and traditions. They can change to be as cruel or kind as religious people want to be. It's the people who are cruel and sick. It wouldn't matter what the Religion was, these people would use it and twist or abandon it in favor of one that justifies their cruelty. Religion is just one of the many excuses people have used to be dicks, with no Religion, they'd just use another excuse.

Reactions: divinemistress36, notwhereIbelong and (in)sane
(in)sane

(in)sane

Jun 9, 2024
If we're talking Christianity as a whole, hell even religion as a whole, I completely agree. It's one of those stupid things humanity will repeat over and over again without ever learning from the past. But one thing I just wanna say is, religious people don't equal religious people. If you ask me, I'm Muslim. It's the religion I grew up with so I call it that, but in reality I just believe that God exists. I don't believe in these stupid rules obviously made by men to control women. I would never ever even think of forcing my beliefs onto others. As a personal belief, religion is awesome and some people even find a reason to live in religion and that is great for them. But religious communities, religious COUNTRIES, HELL FUCKING NO. that shit should be banned. The amount of people who live with religious trauma isn't worth the people who find peace in religion. Also being gay or trans is not a sin and if anyone wants me to think otherwise I'll need a personal meeting with God so he can say that to my face. I don't believe God would give a shit about what gender you kiss or identify as because let's be fucking for real we live in a world with bigger problems why would he care?? I believe he has more important things to attend to. You're not harming anyone and if it is a sin which would be WILD its between you and god. No one's fucking business I'm sure God is up there yelling at them to stfu