CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I'm gay with absolutely no confidence so naturally at 24, I'm in the closet. Of course I have liked being single, not having to deal with someone else, getting to do what I want without question, no one to answer to but it is lonely. I envy those who come home to someone who just loves seeing them I don't have that and am afraid to try.

Even before knowing who I liked I've just always felt like I wasn't worthy of being liked by someone like that. And pretty much never did anything about these feelings. Relationships have always seemed like to much work so I never bothered with it. It's not the reason for my suicidal thoughts but it's not doing me any favors either.

I grew up with toxic parents so I have a pretty warped sense of what it takes for love tbh I always think if I make enough money my looks won't matter and I can find someone lol

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: insanedoomer, booray, thouisdead and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Relationships certainly are something hard to deal with.
I've been loved more than once and there were great moments but jealousy, toxicity and my love for loneliness ruined everything.

When you don't have something, you tend to want to have it. The grass is always greener on the other side.

I think having different kind of experiences always helps. You might be loved if you really try to. Fortunately, the world is becoming more open-minded so, you might find someone if you really look for them.

I can do nothing but wish you the best! Hope things get better somehow.

Hugs!

• Love
Reactions: insanedoomer, booray, Red and 2 others
CatLove56

CatLove56

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Relationships certainly are something hard to deal with.
I've been loved more than once and there were great moments but jealousy, toxicity and my love for loneliness ruined everything.

When you don't have something, you tend to want to have it. The grass is always greener on the other side.

I think having different kind of experiences always helps. You might be loved if you really try to. Fortunately, the world is becoming more open-minded.

I can do nothing but wish you the best! Hope things get better somehow.

Hugs!
I do talk to people in relationships and of course they tell me to stay single lol pretty much everyone my whole life has told me that hence why I'm like this. someday I should probably seek some actual therapy but I just come here to vent I thank you all you're all good people

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife and thouisdead
thouisdead

thouisdead

unpredictable, but it suits reality.
Feb 15, 2020
I may be the shitiest person to talk about this subject because I can't get over the one person I loved and lost. I don't even want to know about loving someonelse. But I think I can say love is worth it, but you need someone you can talk to, get things right: create rules to balance the relationship. If you find someone that you want to be with, but this person don't want to put limits in the relationship you may get yourself in trouble. Because this is, apparently, what worries you: being in a too strict relationship that will private you to live your life as you wish.
That's it! Love is worth it, but you need someone you can have and equal relationship with.

broken beyond repair
Sep 7, 2019
I'm gay with absolutely no confidence so naturally at 24, I'm in the closet. Of course I have liked being single, not having to deal with someone else, getting to do what I want without question, no one to answer to but it is lonely. I envy those who come home to someone who just loves seeing them I don't have that and am afraid to try.

Even before knowing who I liked I've just always felt like I wasn't worthy of being liked by someone like that. And pretty much never did anything about these feelings. Relationships have always seemed like to much work so I never bothered with it. It's not the reason for my suicidal thoughts but it's not doing me any favors either.

I grew up with toxic parents so I have a pretty warped sense of what it takes for love tbh I always think if I make enough money my looks won't matter and I can find someone lol
I guess I'm in a similar situation. I'm bisexual but trauma has made me scared to date men, and it's been extremely hard to find another woman who wants a romantic relationship. The men I've been comfortable with and attracted to haven't ever wanted me back.

In terms of family I only really have my mom...but she'll be gone before me, most likely.

One day I'll be all by myself...I think leaving this world now would be better than getting to that point.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3