Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Go ahead, I can't stand this, programming is the area that I can say I have completely mastered, but I just haven't had any luck finding employment in it due to my situation as an undocumented migrant.

The point is, I am disabled and I was recently in a job that consists of running a vegetable store, I am quite clumsy and slow at this kind of thing due to my disability, plus my walking movements are fucking absurd. When I had to pack a sack of potatoes, I did it slowly and awkwardly and some people made fun of me, then I heard my boss say, "It is not his fault to be like this", whom they were making fun of.
I came home and I couldn't help crying, not only because of that, but because I have lived that experience thousands of times.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, EnnuiCat, Bullit and 8 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I can't work in person either!
I won't ever work physically anywhere never ever again!

Have you tried looking for freelance work as a programmer?

I have a friend who has some customers on Fiverr!! It's difficult at first but if you start with cheap prices people will "hire" you!

Programming is one of the best areas to work from home! Hope you can do it!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Beachedwhale, the_final_countdown and Judah
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I'm sorry that people treated you that way. People are cruel. I hope you can find a job where you don't have to work in person.

• Hugs
Reactions: Judah
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
People really can be awful, and they can really say some hurtful things. Nobody deserves to be treated like that. I understand why you wouldn't want to work in person again, as such experiences can damage us. I wish you the best.

• Hugs
Reactions: Judah
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
I am so sorry people mocked you at your previous employment like this. That's disgusting. The all too common ignorance and lack of empathy of humans is horrifying. You deserve to be treated so much better.

Life is already hard as it is, it's even more challenging to navigate as a person with disabilities in a society that is built for able-bodied, healthy, neurotypical people. You don't deserve to be treated poorly for circumstances no-one chooses. I believe you when you say you have lived through this thousands of times, because people are so ruthless - and at times sadistic - towards plights beyond their comprehension.

If those who laughed at you had to live with your disabilities for even a few hours, I suspect they wouldn't find it so amusing anymore. People mock because they lack the ability to truly empathise, or even the desire to try to understand what it must be like for you to endure such humiliation. I truly hope you can find a better suited job that works for you. You deserve the basic dignity and respect that all of us should be afforded in the workplace and beyond, not the cruelty and ignorance you have endured.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, EnnuiCat and 2 others
Bullit

Bullit

Mage
May 6, 2021
Peoples of who mock you like that are pretty lowdown! They can go to H...E...double hockey sticks!!