Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Its getting to the point where i want to bash my head through a window.
Everything i watch. Everything i listen to its so fucking sexualized and im sick of it.

(This is where i stop. I really dont want to get in to it and i have zero obligation to. Also this goes beyond just an annoyance as one would know if theyve seen certain pervious posts of mine so i REALLY DONT want to go into it. However i might be asking to much but if one can refrain from negative/pessimistic ect comments that would be nice.)

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: fly away, Stolen Absolution, Symbiote and 3 others
MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Yeah... it was religion for me. With time I learned to filter it out better and it doesn't annoy me as much. It helped to recognize what people see in it, even if it isn't my thing.

Suggestions: if you watch more of YouTube and less of mainstream things, you can curate your own stuff. Music, well... instrumental music would hardly be sexualized.

• Love
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Yeah... it was religion for me. With time I learned to filter it out better and it doesn't annoy me as much. It helped to recognize what people see in it, even if it isn't my thing.

Suggestions: if you watch more of YouTube and less of mainstream things, you can curate your own stuff. Music, well... instrumental music would hardly be sexualized.
Thats why i dont read/listen to the news lol
I was just listening to the radio and my ptsd is bad tonight :mmm:. I typically try to ignore it but it was one song right after another and lately we've been watching malcolm in the middle, over all i love the show but i hate francis with a passion but i cant saying anything because 1) we'll stop doing stuff so i dont get triggered and i hate that or 2) "its just a show."
It was just all too much tonight

• Hugs
Reactions: Stolen Absolution, Wrennie and MYStERY_Man
MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
I was just listening to the radio and my ptsd is bad tonight :mmm:. I typically try to ignore it but it was one song right after another and lately we've been watching malcolm in the middle, over all i love the show but i hate francis with a passion but i cant saying anything because 1) we'll stop doing stuff so i dont get triggered and i hate that or 2) "its just a show."
I don't know much about that show, and I don't think I've ever really hated a character, but mom and grandma can get into some very heated debates when they're watching soap opera. Maybe it's normal. Either way, that's very amusing, I think.

Anyway, I hope you feel better after having some rest! :hug:

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Anyway, I hope you feel better after having some rest! :hug:
Thank you. Yeah i plan on going home and having some breakfest then going to bed.

At least getting all those songs out at once made it so the rest have been pretty good, so im feeling a little better.

• Yay!
Reactions: MYStERY_Man
MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Thank you. Yeah i plan on going home and having some breakfest then going to bed.

At least getting all those songs out at once made it so the rest have been pretty good, so im feeling a little better.
Nice! Oh, I remembered this. I assume it's meant for a situation when someone is missing an ex, but it might just fit:

• Wow
Reactions: Werewolf.
W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
Relatable! I hate how sexualized this world is. It's oversexualized. Whether you watch a television show or a movie, you'll have nudity thrown in your face. Whether you listen to a song, you'll have lyrics about sex. I don't like it one bit. For me, lyrics are important. I don't listen to songs with such lyrics.

Nice! Oh, I remembered this. I assume it's meant for a situation when someone is missing an ex, but it might just fit:

Didn't think I would see someone talking about The Used on here. Great band. My most-played song is The Taste of Ink though.

• Love
Reactions: Snatsbats, Fox in the Snow and MYStERY_Man
Fox in the Snow

Fox in the Snow

Apr 18, 2021
Relatable! I hate how sexualized this world is. It's oversexualized. Whether you watch a television show or a movie, you'll have nudity thrown in your face. Whether you listen to a song, you'll have lyrics about sex. I don't like it one bit. For me, lyrics are important. I don't listen to songs with such lyrics.

Didn't think I would see someone talking about The Used on here. Great band. My most-played song is The Taste of Ink though.
I totally agree. I think I am asexual or demi at most. I hate that sex is seen as the pinnacle of everything. Personally I'd rather have a walk and look at nature or talk to my dog (my partner disagrees and this is a big conflict).

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Wrennie and Werewolf.
W

Werewolf.

Student
May 28, 2021
I totally agree. I think I am asexual or demi at most. I hate that sex is seen as the pinnacle of everything. Personally I'd rather have a walk and look at nature or talk to my dog (my partner disagrees and this is a big conflict).
I wish I was asexual, but I'm not. I wish I was though, then my life would have been easier. I think those things are nice to do, especially if you have a partner. I don't have anyone in my life, but I would love to take walks with them, see beautiful places, stuff like that.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie and Fox in the Snow
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
I'm a eunuch from being drugged as a small child/puberty didn't give me a sex drive, so seeing sexualized stuff just pains me because I know I'll never truly be capable of comprehending it.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Makko, Fox in the Snow and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I'm a eunuch from being drugged as a small child/puberty didn't give me a sex drive.
sorry to ask but asking is the only way to know.
did shakespeare teach me wrong?

A eunuch (/ˈjuːnək/ YOO-nək)[1] is a man who has been castrated
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castration
(also known as orchiectomy or orchidectomy) is any action, surgical, chemical, or otherwise, by which an individual loses use of the testicles
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicles

i always thought that it was when you were born without or had them removed so physically you werent a gender. i can see that causing a lack of sex drive so it does kind of still make sense though

Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
sorry to ask but asking is the only way to know.
did shakespeare teach me wrong?

A eunuch (/ˈjuːnək/ YOO-nək)[1] is a man who has been castrated
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castration
(also known as orchiectomy or orchidectomy) is any action, surgical, chemical, or otherwise, by which an individual loses use of the testicles
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicles

i always thought that it was when you were born without or had them removed so physically you werent a gender. i can see that causing a lack of sex drive so it does kind of still make sense though
I oftentimes refer to myself as a "eunuch" but it would actually be more accurate of me to say I was "chemically castrated".

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I oftentimes refer to myself as a "eunuch" but it would actually be more accurate of me to say I was "chemically castrated".
thats fine, i actually dont see any problem with it. all it said (that i read) was castrated so i dont see why it wouldnt still count

Reactions: Wrennie
G

Goodbye710

Student
Jul 12, 2020
I mastered my sex drive and can turn it off for years with no feeling or turn it back on and be like everyone else.

Turning it off you become a different person after 6 month mark. I would describe it as the difference between being addicted to a drug vs someone not.

That's how much the sex drive warps the mind and drives our life.

People need sex in the same way someone addicted to a drug needs it.

I use to explain it to someone... watching an intimate scene on tv is like watching someone use the restroom. No different. Like why are we seeing this.

Listening the lyrics or someone talking of how beautiful someone is or whatever is like listening to someone talk about how great drugs are.

Sex is a drug that alters the mind, is a ball and chsin that holds us back from reaching our potential but it's what makes the world continue it's cycle.

Many people understand materialism. That odd drive for acquiring more. But few understand that sex drive. When you do, you see the world in a different way.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Reactions: Goodbye710
Stolen Absolution

Stolen Absolution

Sep 4, 2020

You and I live our lives very similarly. My trigger is different than yours, but my PTSD will also not allow me to watch current TV shows, movies, news feeds. It's difficult to function like everyone else when doing things that are "normal" to them will straight up destroy me. I had to turn off my news feed app to avoid seeing or reading about certain topics. Taking drives used to feel safe to me, but now seeing certain people can really set me off. I commented on a thread this morning that I now refuse to go back and read responses to, in case people were insensitive to my plight.

I just want you to know that I'm so sorry. This is such a difficult way to live life. It's really scary to imagine living a full natural life trying to avoid land mines. Every day. If you ever want to talk, let me know.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Goodbye710 and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I commented on a thread this morning that I now refuse to go back and read responses to, in case people were insensitive to my plight.
I understand this better then id like to. Ive had my own threads locked (i reported and requested it) and ive unwatched my threads so i wont get notifications. This shouldnt have to be a thing i feel nessacery but i did/do.

. If you ever want to talk, let me know.
Thanks. Same to you :hug: :heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: Stolen Absolution
Øystein

Øystein

Can't cope
Apr 24, 2020
Seeing how oversexualised the world is makes me suicidal too, that's due to severe body dyspmorhia. It's very sad.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie and Life_and_Death
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
I've tried to understand sexuality. I failed.

Still like making dirty jokes on the internet though.

• Yay!
Reactions: Life_and_Death
G

Goodbye710

Student
Jul 12, 2020
You and I live our lives very similarly. My trigger is different than yours, but my PTSD will also not allow me to watch current TV shows, movies, news feeds. It's difficult to function like everyone else when doing things that are "normal" to them will straight up destroy me. I had to turn off my news feed app to avoid seeing or reading about certain topics. Taking drives used to feel safe to me, but now seeing certain people can really set me off. I commented on a thread this morning that I now refuse to go back and read responses to, in case people were insensitive to my plight.

I just want you to know that I'm so sorry. This is such a difficult way to live life. It's really scary to imagine living a full natural life trying to avoid land mines. Every day. If you ever want to talk, let me know.

I left society. Too much hate. I should have done it sooner. To protect myself. Now I enjoy life like people did a hundred years ago. I don't even watch TV. I see nature more.

I help people along the way but I'm too concerned with not becoming one of these hate filled people. People who have lost themselves.

As I became older I realized that it's ok to not respond to most people. That it's ok to leave people to their own mess.

Hopefully the world will one day change...

• Love
Reactions: Stolen Absolution