• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I absolutlely don't crititze the decision. I can understand that especially politics is a triggering topic. I try to be civil when I talk about it though. I am kind of scared this subforum could get really heated and maybe even toxic. But I understand the decision and support it. I get why some people are annoyed by it. It is a little bit sad for me that less people will read my posts. But whatever. I like politics and philosophy maybe this will be my new home. I just hope I won't lose the contact with some members who I really like. But it is my usual attempt not to get too close to people. This is still a suicidal forum and I could be heartbroken if some members would kill themselves. This is why I try to be distant.

I am curious how this subforum will develop. I hope for the best and try to prepare for the worst.

What are your thoughts on my concerns?

Reactions: Amyend88
CrossroadsCurious

CrossroadsCurious

"Why do we do what we do?"
Dec 12, 2021
I posted some crazy starting threads in there to be an ass, but I'm pretty much done. Sure it'll be fine and quiet down soon. Will still be heated occasionally from time to time due to it's nature, but what can you do...

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
My prediction: This subforum will become basically a psychological self-harming technique for me, and eventually I will get banned for civilly and respectfully expressing my opinions while a band of frothing leftists hurling the most blatant insults and snarl-words at me they can come up with faces no consequences whatsoever from the moderators.
Brother, that is how a lot of discourse goes in this era. That is why it's not worth remaining civil sometimes.

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
The politics around here was getting really heavy, and taking over nearly every thread for a couple of months. Now that there's a subforum for it things seem quiet all of a sudden. Or maybe it was just Depressed Cat.

Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
Or maybe it was just Depressed Cat.
is she still around? I just ask because you say "was", not "is".

Brother, that is how a lot of discourse goes in this era. That is why it's not worth remaining civil sometimes.
I see a certain bully has already subtly started in on me in this forum. With the double standards in place here though, it's obvious those of us outside that clique can't afford to sink to their level. The fact that Motel Rooms recently got banned while far worse offenders are still around is testament to that.

Last edited:
MelancholyMagic

MelancholyMagic

For my next trick, I will disappear
Dec 12, 2021
I think it was a good decision. Discussing politics is not everyone's cup of tea, and it is outside SS's main purpose. People should be able to come here for suicide discussion first and foremost and not have that discussion polluted by the controversial issue of the day.

Thanks for this subforum, mods.

NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
is she still around? I just ask because you say "was", not "is".

I see a certain bully has already subtly started in on me in this forum. With the double standards in place here though, it's obvious those of us outside that clique can't afford to sink to their level. The fact that Motel Rooms recently got banned while far worse offenders are still around is testament to that.
I vote for zero moderation in this section. Let's just see what happens.
I vote for zero moderation in this section. Let's just see what happens.
Ok maybe not zero. Doxxing or attempting to dox is the only unforgivable offence. Otherwise anything goes.
Also this only applies to the publicly visible bit. Attacking people via dms (like a coward) gets the usual treatment.

Last edited:
Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
I think it was a good decision. Discussing politics is not everyone's cup of tea, and it is outside SS's main purpose. People should be able to come here for suicide discussion first and foremost and not have that discussion polluted by the controversial issue of the day.

Thanks for this subforum, mods.
I think it's generally a good idea. A lot of people who are emotionally-vulnerable come here, and if a controversial topic is dominating the main forums, it gives off the impression that this isn't a friendly or safe space to be.

I can see why some people would be frustrated because their voice doesn't have as far of a reach when it's subjugated to a subforum, but you look at websites like Reddit where there has been a militant crackdown on dissenting views, and I am just happy that there will be a place on this website where people of all political and religious persuasions can talk openly.

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
I don't think anyone could have possibly failed to notice that. I was just curious if there was a specific incident.
From what I read it was 'just' that, probably she became even more pamphletic prior to the ban. She failed to grasp that at the end of the day we don't give a fuck about those types of things here. People will talk about what the media decides to shout about for a while and then it's back to business: death, lamentations, plans, and a popularity contest.

Last edited:
Nolan96

Nolan96

Mage
Feb 12, 2022
From what I read it was 'just' that, probably she became even more pamphletic prior to the ban. She failed to grasp that at the end of the day we don't give a fuck about those types of things here. People will talk about what the media decides to shout about for a while and then it's back to business: death, lamentations, plans, and a popularity contest.
I found it interesting that she seemed to piss off everyone toward the end by criticizing both Putin and his Marxist predecessors. It's not cool to dislike both, you have to pick, so I'm not surprised that she ended up getting banned as part of her crusade of one. A lot of people seemed to feel like yeah Putin's evil because he's friends with Trump but communism is amazing and how dare you insult uncle Joe Stalin?? I bet she'd still be around if she had a nice wholesome hammer-and-sickle PFP or something but she just alienated too many people.

For me personally, the pretty undeniable frothing hatred of ethnic Russians and overly rose-tinted view of NATO countries was what was offputting.

NSA

NSA

Your friendly neighborhood agent
Feb 21, 2022
I bet she'd still be around if she had a nice wholesome hammer-and-sickle PFP or something but she just alienated too many people.
But didn't that other hammer and sickle person get banned too? 🤔

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Exactly, but that was because his agression towards other members was too over the top and he didn't have the fan base that Chinaski has. It wasn't because of his ridiculous political beliefs.

Red Scare went as far as sending me personalized insults in DMs.

Feeding Pigeons

Feeding Pigeons

Warlock
Aug 5, 2021
The politics around here was getting really heavy, and taking over nearly every thread for a couple of months. Now that there's a subforum for it things seem quiet all of a sudden. Or maybe it was just Depressed Cat.
Blows my fucking mind how obsessed people are with talking politics. I'd rather talk about the weather.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
I've been waiting for this sub-section of the forum for quite a while. It's too bad that the timing of it is during one of my lowest points in life, so I don't think I'll be as active on the political topics as I would like to.

Anyway, I'm glad it exists. I'm actually optimistic about the future of it in a positive way, there aren't many active people who make politics their entire personalities. There's always a chance that this turns into a constant bloodbath, but only time will tell.