K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
I post on Reddit sometimes about my mental health problems. And a day or two ago I posted about my emotionally abusive parents and my intention of killing myself. And as is common there were one or two people saying some variation of "You're worth it and things will get better."

Now, I know these people are trying to help. They're trying to be nice and I can appreciate that. But they clearly don't know how I actually react to that.

Which is it makes me smile but not in the way that they think it does. It makes me smile kind of sarcastically. If someone says "You're worth something" all I think inside is "Haha, good joke. Ten out of ten."

It just... none of that means anything to me.

You'll have the occassional person who manages to say something that actually does mean something to me. Like once in a blue moon I'll have a person tell me something I wrote is well-written. You know, some post I've written complaining about all of my problems or whatever. And I know they're probably just blowing smoke when they say that, but it is still nice. As an aspiring writer that does mean something to me.

But these ideas of "you are loved" or "you are worth something" or whatever, the only thing they prompt in me is self-mockery and sometimes laughter cuz I find that idea so absurd it's funny to me.

Reactions: spring vainglory and cryone
wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
I wish you didn't have to feel that way :( everyone should feel loved and feel they have worth

K

KafkaF

Nov 18, 2023
I wish you didn't have to feel that way :( everyone should feel loved and feel they have worth
See, it made me laugh again when I read this.

I know I'm an unlovable, worthless piece of shit. It's fine.

wildflowers1996

wildflowers1996

Arcanist
Oct 14, 2023
i know I probably can't change your mind but I just hate that anyone feels that way because I feel the same way about myself and it's *not* fine, if someone has the ability to feel emotions they should be able to feel worth something and loved
I do not think you're a piece of shit purely because you are a living being and I think all living beings have worth

N

nopointinlivingg

Jul 13, 2022
You'll have the occassional person who manages to say something that actually does mean something to me. Like once in a blue moon I'll have a person tell me something I wrote is well-written. You know, some post I've written complaining about all of my problems or whatever. And I know they're probably just blowing smoke when they say that, but it is still nice. As an aspiring writer that does mean something to me.

I hope you can somehow find peace in this life and fullfill your aspiration to be a writer. We need more talented writers - if you're a reader as well, you know how rough it is out there. :nomouth:

Reactions: KafkaF and wildflowers1996
K

KafkaF

Nov 18, 2023
I hope you can somehow find peace in this life and fullfill your aspiration to be a writer. We need more talented writers - if you're a reader as well, you know how rough it is out there. :nomouth:
That's nice of you. But that's not going to happen. I'm trying my best to get the courage to end it instead. Also, if I managed to become a writer we would not have more talented writers, just more writers.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Talking about the writing (and communicating in general)- it's not about what you say, but rather how you say it. Some people are just probably thinking of what kind of thoughts and ideas could cheer you up, but usually there has to be evidence of these things existing before they can be considered true.

On second thought, there's also believes that our thoughts and intensions can shape reality overtime. Perhaps it's not possible to manifest a large sum of money from a lotery, but if we start to live according to our beliefs, by building right conditions that support it, it eventually becomes part of our reality.

Either we believe it or not, there's many ways to tell and therefore show yourself, that you are loveable and worthy as person.

Reactions: spring vainglory
Doemu

Doemu

⸸ I am my own end ⸸
Feb 4, 2024
Sorry but I laughed to the tittle cause I feel the same way

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I used to feel that I wasn't worth anything. But then I saw a L'oreal ad.

1 ywUXGZgL6Ij1dqXGURCYXA

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: cgrtt.brns, spring vainglory, psp3000 and 1 other person