suffocatingseraphim

suffocatingseraphim

⸙𖦹killing the self as to protect it from harm𖦹⸙
Feb 6, 2020
For all my trans folks out there taking hormone replacement therapy (HRT,) has it changed the way you perceive emotion, show emotion, or interact with it?

Or even for folks who are cisgender taking hormones like testosterone or estrogen, this extends to you if you feel inclined to share. Or if you're designated male at birth and have had issues crying in the past or present with testosterone, I'd appreciate hearing your experience.

I've been on testosterone since October 2018, I'm a trans man for frame of reference. I used to cry on the drop of a hat since I'm an overly empathetic person with a lot of emotional instability and mood swings. Since taking T, I've struggled to cry or so much as feel vulnerable enough to, and it's frustrating if not heartbreaking.

Don't get me wrong, medically transitioning has been a blessing for me in so so many ways, I just miss my sensitivity and ability to cry.

Sometimes I only cry after months of buildup or breakdown, like my dad nearly dying last year. Otherwise one of my only forms of release is drinking/smoking or self harming. I wish I could more beyond tearing up and shedding a few tears, or reserving it for a full on breakdown.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
It's probably not the crying that you want but the end of whatever is causing you to want the release. Crying is just a way of getting some quick self-comfort hormones and shit.

• Love
Reactions: Meditation guide and suffocatingseraphim
suffocatingseraphim

suffocatingseraphim

⸙𖦹killing the self as to protect it from harm𖦹⸙
Feb 6, 2020
It's probably not the crying that you want but the end of whatever is causing you to want the release. Crying is just a way of getting some quick self-comfort hormones and shit.
That's a really good point! The temporary release from most shitty situations is what my brain needs most I'd think. Self harm or self medicating usually gets the exact same hormones out, if not similar ones

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
That's a really good point! The temporary release from most shitty situations is what my brain needs most I'd think. Self harm or self medicating usually gets the exact same hormones out, if not similar ones
Which situations?

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Interesting. It's very hard for me to cry. I'd like to, but I can't shake the feeling that it's useless - nobody's gonna come to my rescue. I'm a cis gay male