L

Lier

Jul 17, 2024
How to weight SN without a food scale? Basically.

Themogger

Themogger

Why so serious?
Jul 23, 2024
God damnit, I need answers to this

Reactions: divinemistress36
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
You can't weigh without a weighing scale. Risky and not exact value but you can use a conversion table and do the teaspoon equivalent with a measuring teaspoon, not the random teaspoons we use for tea.

It doesn't mean you won't die if you just take a handful of sn but being on the safe side is always preferable.

• Informative
Reactions: LunarLight, Themogger and divinemistress36
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
Good question. Anyone know where the chart was for the teaspoon method? I know it's riskier and you can probably just overdo it and be good lmao but I don't have a kitchen scale either.

A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
One tablespoon is equivalent to just over 14 grams. Conversions are available online for teaspoon as well. Two tablespoons of SN is approximately 28 g. Measurements do not have to be perfection. As long as it's 25 g minimum a little over is just fine. You can read this on the SN Bible information on the mega thread. Some people take 30 g, some people take 25 standard dose for people under 100 kg. It may be easier to have access to a tablespoon than a scale for some people.

Reactions: Nikitatos
A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
There's just no way without a scale. They're really cheap.🌹💔
This isn't true you can do it without a scale. One tablespoon is approximately 14 g, and it doesn't have to be extremely precise. Two tablespoons is equivalent to roughly 28 g. This is a fine amount. It doesn't have to be as rigid as people think. Obviously exercise common sense. Don't take five tablespoons when two will do etc. the SN thread talks about using anywhere from 50 to 100 mL of water also, There's a bit of flexibility.

Last edited:
huntermellow

huntermellow

another bpd death statistic
Aug 6, 2024
One tablespoon is equivalent to just over 14 grams. Conversions are available online for teaspoon as well. Two tablespoons of SN is approximately 28 g. Measurements do not have to be perfection. As long as it's 25 g minimum a little over is just fine. You can read this on the SN Bible information on the mega thread. Some people take 30 g, some people take 25 standard dose for people under 100 kg. It may be easier to have access to a tablespoon than a scale for some people.
do you know if i can take 16g of sn instead of the standard 25g according to the chart in the sn bible? i weigh way less than 100kg (37-38kg) and i think taking 25g will definitely be too much and make me throw up. but idk if 16g is too little either i've been trying to figure this out for a while

Themogger

Themogger

Why so serious?
Jul 23, 2024
This isn't true you can do it without a scale. One tablespoon is approximately 14 g, and it doesn't have to be extremely precise. Two tablespoons is equivalent to roughly 28 g. This is a fine amount. It doesn't have to be as rigid as people think. Obviously exercise common sense. Don't take five tablespoons when two will do etc. the SN thread talks about using anywhere from 50 to 100 mL of water also, There's a bit of flexibility.
How do you measure the water?

Reactions: Aprilfarewell4
A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
How do you measure the water?
Look online for tablespoons to milliliter conversion, same with teaspoon, I don't have them right in front of me, but you can easily find conversions on the internet that'll do it for you automatically
do you know if i can take 16g of sn instead of the standard 25g according to the chart in the sn bible? i weigh way less than 100kg (37-38kg) and i think taking 25g will definitely be too much and make me throw up. but idk if 16g is too little either i've been trying to figure this out for a while
You can do whatever you want, if you want to use that chart, then that's your guide, it's not false information either. I'm just trying to make a point that there is some flexibility and not everyone can afford or have access to or read a scale, so people like us need alternatives. That scale is a lot more precise than most people get, that doesn't mean it's wrong, it just means different people want to be more precise. Neither is right and neither is wrong.
If you're going to use the tablespoon teaspoon method, it's important that you're actually using proper tablespoons and teaspoons, not soup spoons, not teaspoons that people eat off of, you need the actual measuring tools.

Last edited:
Reactions: Themogger