user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
so there's two parts to this question and i would really appreciate if someone could help.
1) how much SN will i need to die? i know it is between 20-25 g but i'm not sure exactly how much for my body weight. i'm 140 lbs, 5'8 and female. i'm also pretty young idk if that affects anything and i'm in good physical health except for orthostatic hypotension but it's very mild so i don't think it'll effect SN.
2) how much is that in teaspoons/ tablespoons? i don't have a measuring scale only measuring spoons. believe me i would get one and do it myself if i could but i can't i feel awful about asking but if someone could weigh it for me or has the knowledge off the top of their head that would be so helpful. thank you. also how much water? i'm pretty sure it's 1/4 cup but i'm not sure.

Last edited:
aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
As I read at stan guide there is not matter, even if ur physical health be as healthy as a Olympic athletic, also almost all of of cases who passed away by SN were young. I think 25g is good for u but I dont know how many tablespoon, maybe 5

S

Scotty

Student
Dec 26, 2020
3 teaspoons1 tablespoon1/2 ounce14.3 grams
2 tablespoons1/8 cup1 ounce28.3 grams
4 tablespoons1/4 cup2 ounces56.7 grams
5 1/3 tablespoons1/3 cup2.6 ounces75.6 grams
8 tablespoons1/2 cup4 ounces113.4 grams
12 tablespoons3/4 cup6 ounces.375 pound
32 tablespoons2 cups16 ounces1 pound

Reactions: hʚll, AbsoluteNothingness, Catlovergirl and 3 others
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
I wouldn't trust tablespoons. A tablespoon I use can hold 20g of water. but liquids normally weight more than the same volume of powder, so I don't know.

Reactions: KleinerWolf
user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
I wouldn't trust tablespoons. A tablespoon I use can hold 20g of water. but liquids normally weight more than the same volume of powder, so I don't know.
so you think it would be over a tablespoon or under a tablespoon? i asked on reddit in r/chemistry and someone posted this reply:
"Very roughly 2 teaspoons. Sodium nitrite has a density about 2 g/ml, and there are about 5 ml per teaspoon. The issue is the density will depend on the crystal size, how packed it is, purity, temperature, etc.
If your reaction needs one chemical in excess you can use rough measurements though."
and then someone reported me for being suicidal and i got the reddit support message and my post got taken down lol.
i know it's impossible to know the exact amount but i need to get as close as possible. the chart the guy posted right above you says one tablespoon is about 14.3 grams so i would need approximately 1.5 tablespoons but the guy on reddit said 2 teaspoons which is far less (only 2/3 of a tablespoon) so i'm very confused. i've seen anywhere from a teaspoon to 2 tablespoons and i'm very confused and i need to figure it out because my ctb date is in two days

aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
How much SN have u. For example if u have 100g, u can divide that to 4 parts

Avyn

Avyn

Experienced
Jan 27, 2021
I don't think it matters much if you take a bit over 20-25g, the only problem would be if you take less than that