Felodese

Felodese

Experienced
Mar 31, 2024
I guess you could say that SI getting the better of you in the last moment is a failed attempt, but you guys get what I mean.

I've made one attempt where I followed through and it just didn't work.
Then there's been five times (I think 🤔) where I chickened out. And I'm honestly a bit worried that I'll do it again now. SI is a bitch... 😣

• Hugs
Reactions: Unknown21, NoPoint2Life and Plato'sCaveDweller
Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
10 genuine attempts with partial, countless chicken-outs. I'd either fail to properly occlude my arteries, as I likely wasn't putting enough weight into it. Or I'd back out just before I lost consciousness, usually during the symptoms of artery occlusion like mild convulsions in the extremities, tingling in my hands and arms, lightheadedness, tunnel vision/static-y vision, distorted hearing, confusion, pressure in my chest.

I then switched to full hanging and gave it around a dozen "tries", but I could never summon the balls required to kick the stool over (I don't count the FSH "attempts" as real attempts, since nothing happened and I never actually tried). It was simply too brutal to have my entire body weight on my neck. I might be able to pull it off if I was desperate, but I'm not.

Now I've switched to SN, and I'm damn sure I can pull it off even if I have some hesitation (which is natural and to be expected ofc). You just drink a salty liquid and wait it out. There's a reason why ODs on meds and poisonings are so common (in the US, about 60% of suicide attempts are poisonings, mostly from medication ODs which are usually unsuccessful). It's much easier SI wise to take something by mouth than to commit body envelope violations with physical methods like hanging.

But yeah, SI is indeed a massive bitch. I saw a joke here on the forum, maybe like 6-8 months ago, that was about how our survival instinct may have come about. I forget how the joke went exactly so I apologize, but basically because our earliest ancestor billions of years ago - a single celled blob - ran away from danger, we are now here having to contend with a highly evolved and highly tuned survival instinct. Fuck that blob.

Last edited:
Reactions: annikae and lnlybnny
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
I never backed away once I had decided, but my five attempts between the ages of fourteen and twenty-four were failures because I did not have access to surer methods.

Felodese

Felodese

Experienced
Mar 31, 2024
Now I've switched to SN, and I'm damn sure I can pull it off even if I have some hesitation (which is natural and to be expected ofc). You just drink a salty liquid and wait it out. There's a reason why ODs on meds and poisonings are so common (in the US, about 60% of suicide attempts are poisonings, mostly from medication ODs which are usually unsuccessful). It's much easier SI wise to take something by mouth than to commit body envelope violations with physical methods like hanging.

Going with inert gas and exit bag, myself.
But if I had access to a a pill or something that was guaranteed to work, I'd prefer that. So I think you have a point there.
I never backed away once I had decided, but my five attempts between the ages of fourteen and twenty-four were failures because I did not have access to surer methods.
Yeah, that fucks it up too... 😒

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
waiting93

waiting93

May 25, 2023
Going with inert gas and exit bag, myself.
But if I had access to a a pill or something that was guaranteed to work, I'd prefer that. So I think you have a point there.

Yeah, that fucks it up too... 😒
Where can you buy inert gas / exit bag ? I just read up on Phillip Nitschke. If only Nembutal was still available

Felodese

Felodese

Experienced
Mar 31, 2024
Where can you buy inert gas / exit bag ? I just read up on Phillip Nitschke. If only Nembutal was still available
I bought argon online from a place that sells welding equipment. The exit bag you can just make yourself. Check out the megathread if you want to learn more.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I haven't as in my case trying to die going wrong and leading to way worse torment terrifies me so I continue to suffer in this cruel, torturous existence instead. I just wish I had the means to peacefully cease existing so I can finally escape from all the suffering, I should have ceased existing a while ago but really I never should have suffered at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller
UnluckyBastard

UnluckyBastard

Jun 26, 2024
Oh God too many. And I actually have a loaded gun next to me. It's disgusting how much I hate myself. I'm such a fucking bitch. I want out but I can't pull the fucking trigger. I hate it here.

J

justkatie

Aug 25, 2024
Failed twice officially.

I did have a period when I would walk across the road without looking as I didn't care if I lived or died.

Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
I chekned out once on march. I couldn't mix SN after taking all the meds.

maneose

maneose

love is harder than college entrance exams
Sep 10, 2023
the two actual attempts i did i chickened out, one with a knife which i was planning to stab in my stomach (very intense and not well calculated but i was like 13) and the most recent one (around a year ago) jumping off a bridge near me, but couldn't even walk a few minutes out of my house before walking back in fear. even if i did jump the bridge wasn't even that high so i probably wouldn't have succeeded