MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
How many people do you think you've walked past that will commit suicide?

It's very likely you went to school with a lot, walked past a few in the street.

Went to class with one or 2.

You're probably going to walk past someone tomorrow who will give themselves the big sleep soon . Might have even talked to them. Maybe they'll even hand you the packet of crisps you bought and say through gritted teeth "have a nice day"

But no one's having a nice day , specially not Mr Frederick Paul lebowski, But he smiles, laughs as you make small talk , watches enviously as people buy things he'd have to save up for months just to afford.

And as he works for minimum wage, bursting for a piss but is not permissed to urinate during company time . And he asks once more "is that everything "uhh. Yeeee. Canigetuuhh BONELESS PIZZA"

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: lofticries, Sensei, fred farkle and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Let's say 1% kills themselves, I've passed perhaps 10ppl a day as an average. 365x10x23 is around 80 000 or something. Let's just grab 1% of that and the number is 800 ppl.

Then again, suicidal people are probably less out and about and the places I happened to walk through might not be representative of the general population of the country or planet.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBigSad and AnnonyBox
MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
Agreed there's a lot of factors to be considered, but taking into account the number of people and our general lifespans, there's a good chance that 2 random strangers will cross paths today . And both will self yeet on the same day.

Not because they haven't asked for help , but rather that the help doesn't work

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
On a sidenote, of all the people you meet maybe as many as 1 % are in the schizophrenic spectrum, almost 2 % in the autistic spectrum, around 2 % in the bipolar spectrum, and so on.

• Hugs
Reactions: MrBigSad
MrBigSad

MrBigSad

Experienced
Sep 30, 2020
@Sensei and on a further side not a good few are psychopaths too. I like to think I treat people equally :)

No prejudice, just hatred for humanity in general

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Not enough.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Probably not that many since I hardly go out at all.

BehindTheWall

BehindTheWall

May 21th 2020
Aug 26, 2020
I've known three people that have commit suicide.

All of them under 18, two hanging and one meds overdose.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I guess including SS is not fair right?
Well, I've seen many sad people on the streets and even an ex classmate of mine ctb so, it could be about 3 at least I guess but I have no way of confirming it.