Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Other

Votes: 8 12.9%

• Total voters
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
My gf, father and brother hurt. But my emotions are a rollercoaster, no treatment available! (?) EUPD
My gf has no family and is vuknerable, I dont know what to do besides find her a new, decent boyfriend before I go!! But for all intents and purposes she will have to be exclusively mjbe until I'm gone, thats the deal!
Has anyone seen research that looks at how to minimise mourning?

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
GreenLantern

GreenLantern

John Stewart
Nov 18, 2018
My death won't actually hurt anyone because all I have are enemies, but I wish it did.

Reactions: mattwitt, Sinbad, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Please everyone vote :)

S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
2nd option

EndofMyRope

EndofMyRope

Student
Oct 17, 2018
I've isolated myself to the point that I don't talk to anyone anymore. My ex-husband will be devastated. Although divorced, we still love each other and he's my closest friend... I worry what my death will do to him as he's a recovering alcoholic/addict and just coming off of a very, very recent relapse that landed him in a hospital on an IV Ativan drip detoxing from alcohol for 14 days.

Reactions: Dead_Inside, Throwaway563078 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I've isolated myself to the point that I don't talk to anyone anymore. My ex-husband will be devastated. Although divorced, we still love each other and he's my closest friend... I worry what my death will do to him as he's a recovering alcoholic/addict and just coming off of a very, very recent relapse that landed him in a hospital on an IV Ativan drip detoxing from alcohol for 14 days.
Is he pro-choice?

T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
I know my family will be hurt, but they should be prepared for it: I've been suicidal since fifteen, and this year I had two attempts. And I constantly tell my only friend that going to kill myself, so he should be prepared for it too. Also I think my family has pretty much given up on me, and they are secretly waiting for me to ctb.

Reactions: Sinbad, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Jodes
EndofMyRope

EndofMyRope

Student
Oct 17, 2018
Is he pro-choice?
I've never had that actual conversation with him... He knows I've been suicidal in the past, but I haven't told him how bad it is this time around. He has too much on his own plate and I don't want to add to his burden. He's been with me through a lot, has witnessed a lot of my self-harm and debilitating depression, but it wears on people after a while. I don't think he would understand me wanting to ctb. He would want me to go back to yet another hospital, to keep trying, probably believing that there's some "cure" out there. He wouldn't understand that I'm just not fixable anymore.

Reactions: xb243 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I know my family will be hurt, but they should be prepared for it: I've been suicidal since fifteen, and this year I had two attempts. And I constantly tell my only friend that going to kill myself, so he should be prepared for it too. Also I think my family has pretty much given up on me, and they are secretly waiting for me to ctb.
No way wouud they have given upon on younunless theyre psychopaths

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tyuiop
EndofMyRope

EndofMyRope

Student
Oct 17, 2018
No, I'm with jodes on this one--my family had completely written me off. They've given up. Just don't want to deal with it anymore but I understand. Hell, I don't want to deal with me anymore either.

Reactions: 52shriek, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tyuiop
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
I just don't care and just won't care anymore about any "feelings" I leave behind.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and OnlyMercy
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018

I just don't care and just won't care anymore about any "feelings" I leave behind.
Guilt?

Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
No, I'm with jodes on this one--my family had completely written me off. They've given up. Just don't want to deal with it anymore but I understand. Hell, I don't want to deal with me anymore either.
I was hoping for a positive response :-$ sorry you feel like that

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and EndofMyRope
T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
I don't feel really guilty, it's my own life and they are not the ones living it. But then again, I'm putting off my ctb all the time. I think they have understood that i'm not going to do anything like getting a good job and stuff, so maybe they understand that life isn't for me.

Reactions: xb243, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Eren
M

MsM3talGamer

Voluntary deletion
Nov 28, 2018
I've been a ghost my whole life. No one's gonna notice I'm gone.

Reactions: Sinbad, Sundayafternoon and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
V

Vegrau

Wizard
Nov 27, 2018
No guilt. I have gone too far for that. I came here without consent. I dont need their consent either to leave. They dont love me. They only love the idea they have of me. They dont even know me. Hahaha

Reactions: okyeah, Sinbad, Red star and 3 others
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
I am very sad for my family but not necessarily guilty about it. Life is not some precious gift; it is a giant shit sandwich that I never asked for.

Reactions: Sinbad, Red star, Throwaway563078 and 3 others
F

furax53

Student
Nov 13, 2018
my family and my friends may be very sad but I know that I would have no choice because I arrive ah lead the way of life that I lead before

Reactions: Red star and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Help_Me

Help_Me

Gene pool mistake
Oct 21, 2018
I have no one and nothing to worry about, as I achieved nothing in my life. No debts, family e.t.c. This means I am completely out of guilt. Just empty meaningless life of meaningless person.

Reactions: xb243, Sinbad and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Roulette

Roulette

???
Aug 31, 2018
Feeling of guilt died ages ago
Everyone has someone, why would they miss me

wanttodie

wanttodie

Enlightened
Apr 19, 2018
No or little guilt.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Very.. Logically I think its maybe irrational guilt but yet still have this stupid feeling of obligation

Reactions: Justanotherconsumer, mattwitt and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Sundayafternoon

Sundayafternoon

Cosmic panic
May 18, 2018
Only a little as it relates to my dad. But he knows I plan to go. He also knows he wasn't much help during my life so he shouldn't feel too bad.

I never miss an opportunity to tell him I hate being here and wish like hell he and my mother had found something else to do that day.

I worry about my cat.

Reactions: Smilla and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
T

Throwaway563078

Experienced
Oct 6, 2018
I have been trying to avoid this place and not think of suicide and give life a chance mostly because the biggest barrier between me and really getting close to suicide is guilt. The guilt is still there

Reactions: 52shriek, Sinbad and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
S

samsays89

Student
Oct 4, 2018
The poll is pretty evenly spread out. Hmm. Personally no guilt, but I worry about my dog. No one would treat her as well as I do.

As for minimizing guilt, I think someone posted something about "suicide survivors" which is people that care about someone that successfully killed themselves, not someone who survived a suicide attempt. And a lot of them felt guilty about not being able to tell someone was suicidal. So maybe to minimize guilt, let them know it wasn't their fault at all, and you worked so hard at hiding your behavior, and they helped so much to keep you going for as long as you did, and all their messages/etc. were so treasured, but in the end, it just had to be done. I think it's just human instinct, to help someone, so by default they'll feel bad, but I also think they can get over it as long as they were healthy to begin with.

Reactions: 52shriek, Sinbad and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Some guilt. Few close ties.

Some of these close ties are my family and a few people IRL who are around me oftenly. However, I can't let them hold me back from doing what I've set out to do.

Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
I have so much guilt. It's nearly the only thing that has kept me here so long. That and a tiny glimmer of hope...and curiosity about advances in the future. But guilt is the huge thing. And it may yet stop me. I'm so highly empathetic that I feel all their pain in advance and it crushes me.

Reactions: 52shriek and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
ausboy96

ausboy96

Student
Nov 17, 2018
I'm terrified of how much I'll distress my mum. I love her so much but there's nothing that can be done for me anymore. It's time I ended it. I really hope when I attempt soon that I succeed cos I can't bear to see the look on her face when I've attempted and failed.

Reactions: xb243 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I'm terrified of how much I'll distress my mum. I love her so much but there's nothing that can be done for me anymore. It's time I ended it. I really hope when I attempt soon that I succeed cos I can't bear to see the look on her face when I've attempted and failed.
I hope you stay withb us , find peace