Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I have asked myself this, what measures do your countries take, as can be seen, what kind of mental health services do they have? Above all, I have noticed that the case of the United Kingdom is a particular case, so I would like someone from that country to also explain to me

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
It's not very good but it isn't anywhere really. You have to act out quite badly before they will even get involved often you will just get sent home from A&E. They do a good job of making it hard to jump off bridges with barriers and stuff though.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Here in Argentina it's kinda simple: either you go to a psych ward or see a therapist and psychiatrist at least twice a week while being forced to live with your family and be monitored 24/7. (the latter happened to me last year. I'm finally free)

Reactions: whitefeather
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
UK is very bad. Our mental health service is almost non existing and if it does these is a lot of delay and paperwork. Often they make the crisis worse rather than better. I think here in the UK they see suicide as a good thing as its one less drain on society. Our country is pretty ruthless as we have had right wing leaders for the best part of 30 years.

Reactions: stevieu
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
How do they handle it? Badly. They think suicide = bad and living in shit is preferable. Gotta laugh.

Reactions: Hattywacky
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Either jail or the hospital. If you pose a threat to the cops, they'll tase or shoot you dead. Sometimes the hospital directors will override your request to be hospitalized. Sometimes they'll Baker Act you which goes on your record like a specialized criminal stamp where employers can look you up and deny you employment for being suicidal. Sometimes the hospitals will keep you indefinitely until your insurance runs out and then boot you out the door. Many end up being homeless, wandering the streets, staring at the ground, listless and tormented by their own illnesses. No one cares, everyone adopts a NIMBY attitude, and doctors all think you abuse prescription drugs to get high. AMurricaaaa

Mental health care and health care in general is a luxury! It was never a basic human right in America.

• Aww..
Reactions: LifeQuitter2018
A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
Here in the UK.
They pay a bunch of 'influencers' to make posts regarding "mental health awareness" for a week.
These people of course, get paid. Those who include personal stories get paid more

The government also lights up a few buildings, to show their understanding…(I think this is some type of wizardry)

But in reality, they don't do much. Just throw meds at you, (including the payment bills) hoping you bide your time, then if shit gets worse..you'll probably get sanctioned for being serious or your fall in a spiral losing your shit. From job, to house..and everything after.

It's not really the government who does anything for suicide. It's really the people who deal with it. The family's and that, they end up raising money. Which in the end, the money is sent to 'suicide charities' who are run by the government lol

S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Here in the UK.
They pay a bunch of 'influencers' to make posts regarding "mental health awareness" for a week.
These people of course, get paid. Those who include personal stories get paid more

The government also lights up a few buildings, to show their understanding…(I think this is some type of wizardry)

But in reality, they don't do much. Just throw meds at you, (including the payment bills) hoping you bide your time, then if shit gets worse..you'll probably get sanctioned for being serious or your fall in a spiral losing your shit. From job, to house..and everything after.

It's not really the government who does anything for suicide. It's really the people who deal with it. The family's and that, they end up raising money. Which in the end, the money is sent to 'suicide charities' who are run by the government lol

The US hold these positive walks for suicide awareness, where former suicidal people come together and give each other platitudes for 3 miles. They raise money to create more positive walks. I joined one and felt ghosted, so I walked my fat ass to a Burger King.

• Yay!
Reactions: Curiousoutlook
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm from the UK. I have heard about loads of people having bad experiences with mental health services, such as long waiting times to see someone, unhelpful therapy which doesn't meet their needs. People can go to psych wards either voluntary (you go to A and E to get sectioned) or involuntary. They literally patrol popular suicide spots like Beachy Head to stop people ctb. There is no right to die in my country.

EnnuiCat

EnnuiCat

Completely Catawampus
Nov 20, 2020
If you're fortunate enough to have a job with good insurance in the US then mental health services are available – if you can also afford the copays and deductibles. If on the other hand you have a barebones insurance plan that does not include mental health or no insurance at all you're basically on your own. Because of course any sort of nationalized healthcare plan would be akin to communism. It's infuriating. America is replete with predatory capitalists and the dolts who soak up the propaganda.