Dec 16, 2021
When it comes to having depressive thoughts

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatPowerIs
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
most things come down to being honest with yourself and looking inside.

i could do it, but with the state of the world, why? so i can continue being treated like shit? so i can watch the fall of the earth? so i can watch them destroy other planets?
PASS!!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Valky, WhatPowerIs and thirdrailer
Ovid

Ovid

FML
Feb 2, 2024
When you say "fixable" what do you mean? What do you want to be, what do you want to be like?

O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021
When you say "fixable" what do you mean? What do you want to be, what do you want to be like?
Someone who's not thinking dark depressive thoughts 24/7 and is happy/content and resilient. I sometimes feel like I choose to think dark thoughts. But the extent of how much I have a choice in this is kind of unclear to
me.

Abandoned Character

Abandoned Character

(he./him)
Mar 24, 2023
Coming from a strictly rational perspective, which I figure many users here would appreciate, there is no real clear way to know if one is "fixable," as you say. In order to answer the question, we have to be very specific about what fixable means. When you really dissect the idea, you will find it is difficult to pin down a definition that we are satisfied with.

Someone who's not thinking dark depressive thoughts 24/7 and is happy/content and resilient.
For example, using your definition here and speaking rationally, I see no reason why this isn't an achievable goal. Let's say you get yourself to feel happy/content and resilient for just a blip of your day. That is a success! Lets say you can get this feeling for one hour a day, are you now fixed? Perhaps then you will consider other parts of yourself to "fix" and you may never really come to a point mentally where you accept yourself as you are. In that respect, there are people that are not fixable.

Some people are not fixable, and other people are. I would argue that all of us are combinations of both. We all have self-destructive thoughts of various degrees.

Last edited:
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
No matter if it is true that some are "unfixable" or not, it is always worth trying. You have nothing to lose by giving yourself the time, space and support to heal!