A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Some people on here have been suffering from depression, anxiety, all sorts of mental and physical health issues and been dealing with em for decades. How do you guys do it?

I wake up and it's like "another day depressed sigh"

I go to sleep hopefully tommo is better. It hasn't gotten better.

I want to die but well I won't be able to for awhile due to the lack of options and what not.

so pretty much how do you guys bide your time?

I used to play video games but I don't even have energy for that and sometimes get anxious from it..

so now I just watch tv, post/comment/chat/research here on SS, browse reddit and occasionally YouTube.

I barely eat. Like I eat maybe a small yogurt and bun per day. Some days I don't eat at all.

I just don't know how tf I'm gonna do this. My only method rn is hanging and I've done all the research and I can't do it. I don't understand it fully and I'll mess it up and I'll be a vegetable, or have a rope mark and get sent inpatient which will be Holy duck so bad.

yeh, bit of rant/question/yeh fuk

• Hugs
Reactions: death137, Sans, All washed up and 11 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Mostly I just procrastinate until it's magically a new day. Everything just kind of blends together right now.

And I sleep a lot. It's a bad coping skill, but I figure if I'm asleep, I'm not able to hurt myself.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, NodusTollens, TheEndisNear121200 and 5 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
not to put you down or anything, but the truth is, i don't do it. that's precisely one of the reasons why I am here.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Scribble Fan, Fthis and 4 others
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
not to put you down or anything, but the truth is, i don't do it. that's precisely one of the reasons why I am here.
Yeh I understand. I was suppose to be dead already. We know how that went :/.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, Weary Soul, Metalhead and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
I'm in a holding pattern by way of obligation. I resolved not to accept anymore burdens from anyone.
For most of my life i listened to the pro-life-ish approach. But i got older.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, Weary Soul, AutoTap and 1 other person
hoping to lose hope

hoping to lose hope

<3 Message me to trade music <3
Nov 14, 2020
You become numb and apathetic it is strange to say the least.
When you reach that point you really know you should be dead but finding the drive to kill yourself is harder and you wished you did it when you still felt things.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Sherri and 2 others
N

Nyxtus

Nov 14, 2020
I don't really have some sort of miracle regime or method. I try to eat healthy, hit the gym, try to be productive and do little things like tend the yard or clean up a bit. I try to focus on my positive relationships. I force myself to try to be optimistic despite being insanely pessimistic by nature. I do this by looking up experimental treatments such as microdosing or meditation, etc. People write it off as pointless, but if it helps even a little I've always considered it worth the try.

I find that if I don't force myself to do these things I spiral down extremely hard.

Reactions: NodusTollens
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
You just get used to it and eventually forget how to exist any other way.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens, Sherri and signifying nothing
restforeternity

restforeternity

Student
Feb 17, 2019
As a widower and a mother, I just pretend to have my shit together. Appease so called friends who are just bored and use you. I really do not want to be involuntarily confined again with cameras watching you.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Meditation guide
D

Deleted member 24006

Nov 20, 2020
Pretty much stay numb every hour of each day. I just don't care anymore and just go through the motions.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sherri and NodusTollens
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
If you can't find a way to go up, just keep on heading down. Its surprising how far down there is to go, always seems to be more.

• Love
Reactions: death becomes her
Death22

Death22

If I can stop 1 breeder, I’m happy
Nov 25, 2020
Life is based on pain and suffering. It's like the ground basic. It's from there all actions are starting from. People get used to things very quickly.
Some people don't.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Deleted member 24006
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
It's been years of feeling numb, each day it's getting worse, I hate the feeling of waking up and see a whole long day ahead with nothing to do for most of my days. I barely watch TV, like you I barely eat, I'm just well, surviving, not living.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Deleted member 24006 and AutoTap
Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
I think I might be a masochist.

Reactions: Deleted member 24006
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I don't know how I've made it this long. I think having a family to support has played a big role in making sure I find a job to stay active and keep being productive. If it were up to me, I wouldn't have a job. I'd play games and listen to music all day long. I would eat junk food until I couldn't afford to buy anything anymore. Then I'd just die from malnutrition probably.

Reactions: Deleted member 24006 and AutoTap
S

scarletohara

Apr 24, 2021
i have isolated myself from most/all my friends, cant deal with spendingtime with them pretending life is just effing peachy, listening to them moan on about the same inane shit and yet do nothing to change it, all the while never once asking me how i am. i prefer the company of animals, they at least dont bleed my energy reserves dry. i sleep constantly when im really bad only doing the bear minimum, good days i find myself on auto pilot, each day is one day closer to when i ctb, this comforts me

Reactions: LastFlowers
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't do that much really. I see it as being hard to ctb so I often feel trapped on this earth so I have to deal with it. I just look forward to sleep and isolate myself from others. I do try to do some things that help me such as going outside a bit.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

I just want to sell out my funeral
Feb 21, 2019
I've done it for a long time by clinging to very small things to look forward to, but even those small things are disappearing, and the big problems looming are just getting closer and closer. I'm unfortunately on my last leg, I think.

• Hugs
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
That little bastard called ' hope'

Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9 and Bedrock48
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
For me, though I should have ended my life years ago, as things have only further deteriorated, there is a sense of morbid familiarity that settles within you.
Pain and misery become your "normal",
and if you hide away like me, completely isolate yourself, there are less prodding reminders of the stark contrast between your position, and that of others.
It's a dangerous thing too, as you will curl up inside yourself and be all the more likely to fall apart when the outside world finally reaches in to grab you.
I think this is the only reason I have "survived" for so long, under such duress.
I am basically a walking corpse, both physically and mentally..but that is all I know now, I am sure if I did not have the means to separate myself-at least, in part-from society and my disturbing reflection in its eyes, I would have succumbed to an impulsive act a long time ago.
Even so, the torment has never relented, despite our intimated acquaintance, and I am now in the process of planning my suicide, far too late.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Thisgirlwantstosleep, Cherry Crumpet and Scribble Fan
saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
Uhhh you rot away at home, and your youth, looks, sanity, health, career prospects, social life, opportunities all fade away slowly. Until there's nothing left preserving.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment and LastFlowers
Eire1992

Eire1992

Conducting an experiment on how it feels to die
Jun 7, 2021
Honestly you just do it so long that you keep existing simply just to exist. It grinds you down though. Everyone has a limit. The funny thing is that it's not usually some big thing that's the straw that breaks the camels back. One day you sort of just realise that you're done.

Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9, death becomes her and LastFlowers
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
First I kill time, then I kill myself. :sunglasses:

Reactions: saltshaker
J

jj83

May 14, 2021
I don't cope. I rock back and forth (due to my akathisia) and chainsmoke watching documentaries all day.