ReadyOrNot?

ReadyOrNot?

gave up on life long ago
Feb 13, 2024
I've given up long ago. I don't take care of myself very good. On some days I care, but on even more days I don't even care.
What was the spark that planted the seed of hope again for you? How did you gain the strength to get up and search help?

They say the client has to "want" it, to work with the therapist. But that seems so strange in my world, the Problem is I don't care in the first place. No one can tell me how to fix being tired of life.
If I had a way, who knows, maybe I would try. There seems no way to gain hope again. (Or so it feels to me)

thoughts?

HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

Eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Not wanting to comply or work in therapy will almost always result in you not improving. I'd like to joke that therapy is just professional self gaslighting, but if it works, it works!

Gaining hope is not something people can make you do, but something you have to figure out yourself. A big quote that helped me is "Mental illness is not your fault but it is your responsibility".

There's no clear answer since the answer is different for everyone. I myself gained hope by seeing people close to me recover from SI and happy, others might be looking for love and wants to be the best version of themselves, sometimes people look back and realize they destroyed their life and pull themselves into help by sheer willpower because they love themselves too much to not do anything.

I honestly wish I can wave some magic wand for hope, but the world kinda does suck, the circumstances that brought us here suck, and if you want to recover the first step is to fight the inner you for a reason to fight to begin with. It sounds and is hard, not gonna sugarcoat it. I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited:
ReadyOrNot?

ReadyOrNot?

gave up on life long ago
Feb 13, 2024
Self love or willpower won't work for me. The only thing that might work is that I give the world the benefit of the doubt and my therapist a huge loan of trust / believing. I don't have to believe in it to work to try. But I can't imagine to care in my current situation.

I don't know anyone who struggled and got better Personally. If I read success Storys on the internet they all sound so cynical in my mind. Sometimes I wonder if they had real depression.
I used to subscribe to the "Mental illness is not your fault but it is your responsibility" mentality. I tried before but it didn't help. It got worse over the years. The ones I love die and it just brings me suffering. I'm getting worse at coping with things. I'm also asking myself if my Problems are just "me" and which problems are treatable. Maybe I'm just not build for this world? Idk.

atdusk

atdusk

Feb 12, 2024
In my case I have lost something that filled my life and the future seems pointless because it won't give me them back. Besides that I also don't feel fit for this world.

The closest I've been to hope lately happens when I look back and realize that even in this years I've had good moments.

Another thing that helps me is realizing that when I talk about THE world what I mean is my environment at present time, because I have travelled and lived in different circumstances, and things were different in other places, even - in a way - the person I was.

Also that some experiencies changed me radically, and I haven't anticipated them, so even if my thoughts are totally pessimistic, maybe I am wrong. Maybe something will change me again.

Andrews

Andrews

Jan 1, 2024
I think one thing that works in regaining hope is activating that "sexual part" of oneself. I've noticed this strategy, as my therapist was sometimes consciously, discreetly trying to make me sympathize her.
I remember afterwards after leaving the session, I could feel more attraction towards the opposite sex. It's like a feeling that revitalizes and gives hope. Then seeing someone attractive on the street, immediately and unconsciously starting to imagine... how would it be, what would she say, where would we go, I need to do this and that... That feels like hope.