I

idontknow42

Jan 31, 2021
I have 2 friends I AM SO TIRED OF, they are ruining my mood every single day and have a weird ego. They're like 2 high school gossip girls. I need them out of my life.

The problem is, they've went out of their way to befriend my other friend, and it's just going to be weird if they still talk to them.

I would love to just release everything I have to say upon them, but idk. Any advice?

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Just stop answering their messages and don't go to see them when they meet with your other friend.
That's what I did and ended up all alone. No more friends for me, except for the understanding people here.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: popcorn, lobster salad and GenesAndEnvironment
I

idontknow42

Jan 31, 2021
Just stop answering their messages and don't go to see them when they meet with your other friend.
That's what I did and ended up all alone. No more friends for me, except for the understanding people here.

It won't work, they'll go out of their way to somehow get in contact me. They feel like they're entitled to me lol, all they want to do is use me

popcorn

popcorn

Experienced
Dec 20, 2020
delete you social media and keep your mobile off, worked for me

• Love
Reactions: Zebedee, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Lmd and 2 others
N

nurplexkid

Oct 27, 2018
Ghosting them is the way. You'd be surprised how quickly they'd lose interest.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Lmd
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Start telling them about the message of our lord and savior and how much better life is now that you've found jehova. They'll cut themselves off almost immediatly :D

• Yay!
Reactions: Keto, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, popcorn and 2 others
C

CivilizationV

May 21, 2020
I have 2 friends I AM SO TIRED OF, they are ruining my mood every single day and have a weird ego. They're like 2 high school gossip girls. I need them out of my life.

The problem is, they've went out of their way to befriend my other friend, and it's just going to be weird if they still talk to them.

I would love to just release everything I have to say upon them, but idk. Any advice?
Ignore them or block them. If not...

State things as clear as you can to them. It might sound harsh or blunt, but it will help both you and the others.
I have a friend who also was annoyingly sticking/looking for me. I, in a kind of passive aggressive lapse told him straight that I didn't want to meet with him. He thought I was joking, but kind of got it cause I wasn't. He chilled out.

• Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
U

usernameforhere

Student
Nov 15, 2020
weird ego.... they feel entitled... desire to release your feelings, went out of their way to make friends with my other friends....

Having a big fall out with them might feed that weird ego thing you sense. Ghosting sometimes encourages people to just try harder... Sometimes being non reactive is a good strategy. Not ghosting so much as when they try to interact with you just be flat and emotionless.

Some people want to generate an emotional response, whether you think its good or bad, as long as its emotional thats what they want. Don't feed them, they'll get bored. And then you won't have hostile relations with people who are friends with your other friends.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and idontknow42
Oh_dear_how_Gastly

Oh_dear_how_Gastly

*clutches pearls*
Apr 30, 2020
I agree with sort of just becoming detached and dismissive of things they say. Answer politely but with no emotion and offering nothing which contributes to the conversation at all. Basically politely let them know that you don't give a fuck about their opinions or anything they have to say. Just kind of slowly get more and more detached until they lose interest.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Passersby
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
You could start being a little selfish, like taking up interests/hobbies that don't require company so then they become more of an after-thought.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
Trisolaris

Trisolaris

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Just stop talking to them and that's it.