U

username12345

Aug 18, 2024
I am really scared and upset and mad about not only being let down so much but also the effort it took people to go out of their way to hurt me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: etherealspring, GuessWhosBack, enduringwinter and 8 others
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Most of us are not calm. Where did you get the idea of most of us being calm from?

• Yay!
  • Informative
Reactions: etherealspring, consider, LunarLight and 12 others
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
I don't think a lot of us are at all. I think it may just come across that way because tone is hard to convey sometimes online. What's going on? What happened? Only asking to hopefully offer some comfort etc, no obligation to tell me. I care regardless, I'm sorry you're feeling scared and hurt like that. There is no doubt that the world is cruel. We're here for you<3

• Hugs
Reactions: etherealspring, GuessWhosBack, alltoomuch2 and 2 others
T

timetodie24

Elementalist
Apr 14, 2023
I'm sorry you're struggling. Sounds like you've been through a lot šŸ˜¢

I'm not sure many of us are calm here ? I'm really not !

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: etherealspring, LifeQuitter, GuessWhosBack and 4 others
U

username12345

Aug 18, 2024
Most of us are not calm. Where did you get the idea of most of us being calm from?
Someone posted about being calm and sometimes people get really calm before suicide like it's an actual thing.

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Someone posted about being calm and sometimes people get really calm before suicide like it's an actual thing.
Some people becoming calm before suicide doesn't mean that it necessarily applies to most cases of suicide. Along with that, the claim doesn't necessarily apply to most of the people on this site.

• Hugs
Reactions: etherealspring, GuessWhosBack, alltoomuch2 and 1 other person
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Oh I understand what you mean. I think for certain people, on a case by case basis, do feel a sense of calm right before carrying out their method, esp if they have tested all the variables and are pretty certain it will succeed, there's a calmness in the finality. That doesn't mean that feeling is one size fits all. We all deal in our own ways, we all come to that final point in different ways and feelings, not all are calm, I can def guarantee that.

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and username12345
U

username12345

Aug 18, 2024
I don't think a lot of us are at all. I think it may just come across that way because tone is hard to convey sometimes online. What's going on? What happened? Only asking to hopefully offer some comfort etc, no obligation to tell me. I care regardless, I'm sorry you're feeling scared and hurt like that. There is no doubt that the world is cruel. We're here for you<3
Thanks well I just already had PTSD from my family and I basically lost all my social support transitioning and then just dealt with years of bullying, harassment, sexual and physical assault, denial of employment/healthcare/housing/etc and they literally said for being trans. And I haven't had stable housing since 2018 and I'm tired of just drifting around and now I don't have any friends or family and I don't have any options left besides suicide. I really tried to help myself but you really can't get through life without support especially when people are actively affecting your basic needs and livelihood. I don't know why I have to be everything and more for people and it's still not enough meanwhile they do nothing and worse.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, HazelTheGhost, Higurashi415 and 4 others
A

anon554

Aug 27, 2024
You really only see text on a screen. It's easy for it to seem like people are calm and most do the same in real life but it's an act to hide from others.

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter, GuessWhosBack and username12345
U

username12345

Aug 18, 2024
I'm sorry you're struggling. Sounds like you've been through a lot šŸ˜¢

I'm not sure many of us are calm here ? I'm really not !
It's okay sorry you are having a difficult time, too.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and timetodie24
J

justkatie

Aug 25, 2024
I'm just too exhausted with life to be mad.

I don't blame myself or others for my life being so cacky, so I probably do come across as calm as I just don't have the energy to be anything else.

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, Decided98, locked*n*loaded and 2 others
Marine

Marine

*~ ēµ¶åÆ¾ć« å…Øć¦ć‚’å–ć‚Šęˆ»ć•ć›ć¦ć‚‚ć‚‰ć† ~*
Jul 5, 2020
I am really scared and upset and mad about not only being let down so much but also the effort it took people to go out of their way to hurt me.
I'm very much not calm a lot of the time and have to repress all of the rage and despair, but I mostly have to dissociate a lot to survive right now... I haven't given up yet though and I try to do calming activities as much as I can. I just watched a japanese series about revenge on that topic and that felt very satisfying, I hope I can get my justice as well...

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, Decided98, divinemistress36 and 2 others
Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-Ė‹Ė ą¼»āą¼ŗ ĖŽĖŠ-
Oct 23, 2023
I don't think I'm calm, just kind of used to and numb from everything else so maybe on the outside I look calm and emotional less but I'm just dead inside lol

• Hugs
Reactions: deanh53, GuessWhosBack and divinemistress36
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
Thanks well I just already had PTSD from my family and I basically lost all my social support transitioning and then just dealt with years of bullying, harassment, sexual and physical assault, denial of employment/healthcare/housing/etc and they literally said for being trans. And I haven't had stable housing since 2018 and I'm tired of just drifting around and now I don't have any friends or family and I don't have any options left besides suicide. I really tried to help myself but you really can't get through life without support especially when people are actively affecting your basic needs and livelihood. I don't know why I have to be everything and more for people and it's still not enough meanwhile they do nothing and worse.
As a fellow person with PTSD, I know how fuckin hard that can be just to live with, let alone navigate further abusive situations like you described. Please know that you don't deserve any of that, you deserve to fully live your truth as YOU and I'm so sorry the world is failing you in this manner. You're right though, without a support system, things really do seem impossible. esp if people you thought you could trust turned on you. Gentle reminder that if people can't show up for you, you are not obligated to show up for them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, username12345 and divinemistress36
C

CantDoIt

Mage
Jul 18, 2024
I'm not calm at all
Being here helps calm me
Finally, just the fact that I have gotten over my initial panic about this decision has led me to a state of working myself up / acceptance

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, username12345, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
opheliaoveragain

opheliaoveragain

Eating Disordered Junkie
Jun 2, 2024
I'm not calm at all
Being here helps calm me
Finally, just the fact that I have gotten over my initial panic about this decision has led me to a state of working myself up / acceptance
Def feel this as well on all counts. Being here is calming because at least I know I'm among like minded people.

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, username12345 and CantDoIt
B

BritishHikikomori

Aug 26, 2024
some good dramas, fap occasionally and gaming can bring the calm.. My alcoholic mother often cause arguments and that upsets the balance in my head, the weeks after it i have to put up with my fathers lies about moving out.. Staying angry is letting them bastards win, so i'll try to keep calm and enjoy things like i used to

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, divinemistress36 and opheliaoveragain
mrnob0dy

mrnob0dy

Aug 27, 2024
im in a constant state of terror but have to fake everything to the outside world

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, Higurashi415, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
I'm always in fight or flight mode I wish I was calm

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter, GuessWhosBack, Decided98 and 3 others
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemyšŸŒ¹šŸ’”
Aug 10, 2024
Calm? What's that?šŸŒ¹šŸ’”

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, divinemistress36, username12345 and 1 other person
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Calm! only in the sense that life has been drained out of me, still plenty of mental turmoil

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and divinemistress36
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I think I'm fairly calm, all things considered. I'm at a place in life where things just are where they are, and at this stage, I really don't see a way forward. I don't blame anyone for things being the way they are. Well, maybe myself to a degree, but regardless, I know how this movie of my life is going to end, and I'm working toward that point, slowly, but surely. I've reached a point of being resolved, so maybe that's where the calming effect comes from. I'll get where I need to be, and I know it.

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, username12345, Jarni and 1 other person
SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul Ā« MtF Ā»
Nov 13, 2023
One of the big factors of my depression is the amount of pain other humans have inflicted upon me, physically and psychologically.

• Hugs
Reactions: deanh53, GuessWhosBack and Hunterer
Danby

Danby

Just remember that the last laugh is on you
Aug 13, 2024
For me it's not calm--it's resignation at my situation and eventual fate.

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter, GuessWhosBack, Fall_Apart and 3 others
F

fatladysings

Aug 23, 2024
I'm quite calm, mainly cos I'm so determined to die that I'm sure I'm going to succeed because I'm just going to keep trying till Im dead. If I wasn't so very suicidal, I wouldn't be calm at all, I would be anxious every minute of the day.

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack, pthnrdnojvsc, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
H

HopeToStay

May 31, 2024

Yes because once you have provisionally made a decisions and devised a plan, suddenly the thing that was worrying you no longer matters and you feel liberated and carefree

Of course people can get stuck in a cycle here of: "ok i'm gonna do it" -> "oh i feel so much better now my worries are lifted" -> "maybe i won't do it after all, life can be so good" -> "oh yeah that thing" -> "ok i'm gonna do it"

• Hugs
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and DrearyAsh348
W

whydidthishappen

May 6, 2024
Same.

And I'm not calm

• Hugs
U

username12345

Aug 18, 2024
You really only see text on a screen. It's easy for it to seem like people are calm and most do the same in real life but it's an act to hide from others.
You wouldn't happen to be a douchebag that worked at coyotes restaurant by any chance?

• Hugs
A

avalonisburning

I've got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle
May 12, 2024
  • Yay!
Reactions: GuessWhosBack and DrearyAsh348
Plentiful_Despair

Plentiful_Despair

Experienced
Aug 23, 2024