Nobody Special

Nobody Special

Jun 4, 2024
Can you have ammo shipped to a motel you reside in?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
In the US? In the US buying ammo legally also requires a background check, so I think you'd have to have it shipped to an FFL dealer, or buy it in person at one. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understand it.

Reactions: ferrie
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
In the US? In the US buying ammo legally also requires a background check, so I think you'd have to have it shipped to an FFL dealer, or buy it in person at one. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understand it.
This might be a state by state case. I think in states like California you need a bg check to buy ammo? But in my state you can literally have it shipped to your house

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024

This might be a state by state case. I think in states like California you need a bg check to buy ammo? But in my state you can literally have it shipped to your house
Different states have different requirements. A few require background checks, some more require a license dependent on what type of weapon it's for, quite a few have bans on AP ammo, but you can have ammo delivered to your home without any restriction in more states than not. Also buying ammo has an age requirement of 21 in some states in case you're under that.

Specifically for shipping to a motel, I would say they may refuse accepting the package if it is marked by the company you're selling it making it is obviously firearm related, though I've generally found companies ship without logos on the box. If it's rounds/small arms ammo though, it has to be marked as such on the package, but not an issue if you're ordering shotgun shells. Never worked in a motel, so I may be just assuming they would have a problem with it but I imagine most motels probably have policies against having firearms in their rooms so last thing you want is them contacting the police and finding it inside.

• Informative
Reactions: Forveleth and ferrie
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Different states have different requirements. A few require background checks, some more require a license dependent on what type of weapon it's for, quite a few have bans on AP ammo, but you can have ammo delivered to your home without any restriction in more states than not. Also buying ammo has an age requirement of 21 in some states in case you're under that.

Specifically for shipping to a motel, I would say they may refuse accepting the package if it is marked by the company you're selling it making it is obviously firearm related, though I've generally found companies ship without logos on the box. If it's rounds/small arms ammo though, it has to be marked as such on the package, but not an issue if you're ordering shotgun shells. Never worked in a motel, so I may be just assuming they would have a problem with it but I imagine most motels probably have policies against having firearms in their rooms so last thing you want is them contacting the police and finding it inside.
https://thegunzone.com/do-they-run-a-background-check-to-buy-ammo/

Nobody Special

Nobody Special

Jun 4, 2024
Yes, also you don't need a background check for ammo.

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
Reactions: locked*n*loaded