• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
I thought that you might be interested in reading this book review. It is from the Canadian website The Tyee. Here are some quotes from the book review:

Hers is a harrowing journey into the heart of a "chronic, debilitating illness" that afflicts more than seven million North Americans who are "getting no lasting respite from any available treatment." Harrowing, because Anna documents, in graphic detail, how her inability to find respite has led her to several serious attempts at killing herself — the last one earlier this year.
In writing the book, Anna found that "suicidality and curiosity are anathema to each other: You can't want to know things if you want to die. As long as I had questions I had reason to live, and when I was overwhelmed by a desire for death I could not begin to do the curious work that made life worth living."

What do you think? Do you think I Want to Die Please Fix Me seems to be worth reading? Many thanks! :happy:

catharticEscapism

catharticEscapism

Aug 31, 2019
Actually, that does sound pretty interesting, but I like books that talk about people struggling with their mental illnesses. A few other good ones (though more anxiety based because it's hard to find good books about strictly depression imo) are: Reasons to Stay Alive and Furiously Happy.

Reactions: your pathologist