L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
I really think if I had a normal upbringing I wouldn't be suicidal. This family of mine are still being weird.
had a messenger message off my auntie last night saying that her brother has seen my Facebook that I'm a nice girl and passionate about animals and he's really lonely since his wife died. I tried to be nice about it and said he could message me. But straight after giving permission it was followed with ' however he is quite dirty and he might as you to marry him'
Like... WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

he's 66 if that makes any difference

• Wow
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Élégie, everydayiloveyou, Jumper Geo and 13 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
If ifs and buts were SN and N, we'd all have a happy deathday.

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, blacktrain98, Jumper Geo and 1 other person
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I thought about that too, but then the world itself is not normal. Normal upbringing doesn't last long when the world you're in is toxic and uninviting.

Reactions: Élégie, Jumper Geo, loopylou and 1 other person
MYStERY_Man

MYStERY_Man

The 't' is silent
Jul 15, 2020
Is he rich? I could go for a sugar daddy.

Seriously though, some elders do that as a joke, others... not so much. Let's hope it's the former!

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo
LastLoveLetter

LastLoveLetter

Persephone
Mar 28, 2021
I'm not sure what part is creepier - the fact a much older family member is leering at your social media profile, or the fact your aunt thinks it's perfectly acceptable to attempt to set you up with him.

I relate though. This kind of thing is the reason why unacceptable behaviour such as abuse becomes normalised in families.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Élégie, gtrfvr, Jumper Geo and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Humans certainly are weird. I honestly trust no one and I have a phobia of people. There is a reason why I'm a introvert. I do think our upbringing does reflect our mental health in later life there is definitely a connection between them.

Reactions: Élégie, Jumper Geo, loopylou and 1 other person
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
You're certainly a nice girl and it's a shame you had to go through this.
It seems good people in this world are the ones who suffer the most.

Sorry about that.

However, keep on being the way you are! You're the best!

Hugs,

Matt

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo and loopylou
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I do wonder what it's like to have siblings you can talk to and parents that you can both have a conversation with.

I'm not sure how common a "normal" family actually is, since familial dysfunction seems to be very common as well.

Reactions: Élégie, Jumper Geo and loopylou
L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
I'm not sure what part is creepier - the fact a much older family member is leering at your social media profile, or the fact your aunt thinks it's perfectly acceptable to attempt to set you up with him.

I relate though. This kind of thing is the reason why unacceptable behaviour such as abuse becomes normalised in families.
He's 30 years older than me. It's proper creepy on both parts. And I do agree that normalising this stuff becomes abuse, as I was abused myself. There was just no standards with my family. My brother was sleeping with our cousin as an example. Thought they moved on from this stupid shit but clearly not
I e
I do wonder what it's like to have siblings you can talk to and parents that you can both have a conversation with.

I'm not sure how common a "normal" family actually is, since familial dysfunction seems to be very common as well.
I wonder a lot how I would feel if I had a family I could actually talk too
Is he rich? I could go for a sugar daddy.

Seriously though, some elders do that as a joke, others... not so much. Let's hope it's the former!
It's not a joke she genuinely was trying to set us up

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: demuic, Jumper Geo, MYStERY_Man and 1 other person
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I really think if I had a normal upbringing I wouldn't be suicidal.
I know for a fact that I wouldn't be suicidal if I hadn't been "raised" by 2 deeply disturbed people

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, demuic, popcorn and 2 others
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Was your Aunt serious or just having a laugh as I would go back with sorry I don't like soap dodgers. If she was serious alarm bells should be,

Alarm Bells ringing   Copy

Time to ghost.

Cheers

Geo

L

loopylou

Learn to fly
Jan 11, 2021
Was your Aunt serious or just having a laugh as I would go back with sorry I don't like soap dodgers. If she was serious alarm bells should be,

View attachment 68701

Time to ghost.

Cheers

Geo
Yes because he messaged me not long after and sent a friend request. Weird cunts

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Yes because he messaged me not long after and sent a friend request. Weird cunts

Steer well clear, tell your Aunt if you want to meet someone you can find someone half his age.

Cheers

Geo

• Yay!
Reactions: loopylou
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I know that feeling. I'm still in a dysfunctional household and it's dreadful. My parents are bad enough, but when you add in my brother it gets even worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, loopylou and Jumper Geo