[NoName]

[NoName]

Student
Nov 15, 2018
I have never been one to ever get attached to famous people, but once I became suicidal I became sort of attached to Kate Spade. She's a designer.

Her wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Spade

I was at my school's bookstore where I saw some of her journals in the clearance section. I was looking for a journal, but had no intention of seeking hers out. Once I recognized her brand and remembered what she did, I specifically wanted her merch.

I was getting the first journal because I specifically wanted to write down my ideas and personal feelings related to suicide, so I thought it was fitting.

But now, whenever I want to write something I want it to be in one of her journals. I bought another one today. I know that buying an expensive brand name journal has nothing to do with connection and all to do with capitalism, but I feel kinship all the same.

Maybe it's about feeling connected to another person who is going through something similar?

Reactions: sserafim, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sinbad and 3 others
MexicanTravels

MexicanTravels

Pokémon Master
Sep 6, 2018
Absolutely!

Gilles Deleuze, the French philosopher who defenestrated himself in 1995.

His Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Deleuze

His method of creating his own genealogy of philosophers that rivals that of Jaques Derrida's is commendable. Unfortunately, there hasn't been much critical literature about the fact that he committed suicide, something that definitely alters his philosophies and writings.

Alan Turing, the English mathematician and computer scientist, who died by cyanide in 1954.

His Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing

There's a pretty inaccurate movie about him starring Benedict Cumberbatch called "The Imitation Game." Like me, he was gay, and had a deep interest in mathematical biology as well.

Finally, Kurt Gödel, the Austrian logician who starved himself to death in 1978.

His Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Gödel

His most singular achievement are his incompleteness theorems, but he had interesting views on God and the afterlife too.

Reactions: sserafim, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, wxtyubidi7y and 5 others
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sinbad, starcrossedfate and 2 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Not a close bond but I was very sad to hear when Chester Bennington (lead singer of Linkin Park) commited suicide but that is because I have listened to his music since I was a child and have very nostalgic memories of listening to Linkin Park so his death hit me hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: HGL91, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sinbad and 8 others
F

Finallyhere

Student
Oct 30, 2018
Vincent Van Gogh. Crazy depressed artist.

Not a suicide but Heath Ledger too.

Both were just fed up with society and the artistic system they were apart of due to lack of love/passion. Very misunderstood.

Reactions: HGL91, Fucking loving it, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 6 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Keith Emerson, since I play the piano and keyboards are my main instrument. It is a tragic end of a keyboard legend. Part of the reason he committed suicide is due to his health problems including his right hand becoming crippled owing it to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome or similar ailment. Plus, he was no longer able to perform as well as he wanted to (imagine building a skill for most of your life then losing it all).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Emerson

Last edited:
Reactions: Fucking loving it, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, starcrossedfate and 2 others
Pineapplecrown

Pineapplecrown

Pine
Oct 21, 2018
Absolutely!

His method of creating his own genealogy of philosophers that rivals that of Jaques Derrida's is commendable. Unfortunately, there hasn't been much critical literature about the fact that he committed suicide, something that definitely alters his philosophies and writings.

Alan Turing, the English mathematician and computer scientist, who died by cyanide in 1954.

There's a pretty inaccurate movie about him starring Benedict Cumberbatch called "The Imitation Game." Like me, he was gay, and had a deep interest in mathematical biology as well.

Finally, Kurt Gödel, the Austrian logician who starved himself to death in 1978.

His most singular achievement are his incompleteness theorems, but he had interesting views on God and the afterlife too.
Kurt Godel.. interesting

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
Thoughtforms

Thoughtforms

Experienced
Nov 1, 2018
Amy Winehouse. We grew up in the same city, almost same age, bulimia, therapy since 13, on/off depression, falling in love with the wrong people. Just want to be loved. Like the same style and music. I resonate with her so much.

She didn't technically kill her self but she did drink herself to death. She also tried to kill herself 2 months before she died.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lra888, Sinbad and 3 others
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Jonathan Brandis comes to my mind. We were both born in the same year (1976) and he hung himself on my birthday in 2003

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sinbad, starcrossedfate and 2 others
Amira

Amira

Student
Nov 15, 2018
Yes i do especially with k-idols. All of their suicide attempts were either CO or full/Partial hanging. Jonghyun effected me the most. He was a member of a really famous Kpop boy band called Shinee and he died around this time last year. Many of his fans attemped suicide as well. One ended up being successful.

He did CTB through CO posioning at an apartment he rented and his body was found by a fireplace....His suicide note was really disturbing and heartbreaking to read. He was just a tormented soul.
He was suffering from depression and couldnt get the help he needed.

Ironically the name of a song "Fireplace" which he released before CTB, was the same exact place his dead body was found.

His solo music is really huanting and sad to listen to. From the lyrics you could tell the poor guy was really hopeless and wanted someone to help him out. But no one noticed until he died.

South Korea sucks in terms of helping out those who suffer from mental heath. They dont take it seriously and assume men claim they suffer from mental health so they can't enlist onto the military. I guess thats why it was one of most highest suicide rates. Many of them secretly make pacts and attempt to commit CTB as a huge group through CO posioning in rented apartments.

Jonghyun

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, MsM3talGamer, Fucking loving it and 7 others
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Absolutely!

Wow! Thank you for all that!

starcrossedfate

starcrossedfate

Passenger
Sep 24, 2018
Yes, I used to be a minor league published writer/poet before my mental and physical breakdown. So naturally I'm quite attached to and inspired by the lives and suicide methods of the following individuals:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iris_Chang
Shot herself with a gun after a nervous breakdown (and overmedicated).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Foster_Wallace
Hanged himself after years of suffering from treatment-resistant depression and side effects/withdrawal symptoms from psychiatric drugs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maningning_Miclat
Jumped from the 7th floor, as a fellow poet I know the intractable depression she probably felt to make this jump. I was very close. Very close to doing this.

Reactions: sserafim, Fucking loving it, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
52shriek

52shriek

Student
Nov 6, 2018
Former Alice in Chains' singer Layne Staley. He became a complete recluse for years, just shot up heroin, played video games and avoided all his loved ones, which is pretty much what I've been doing myself, minus the heroin. And I'm not doing it to emulate him, it's come naturally to me, which is why I have a very soft spot for him. He weighed 34 kgs when his body was found, he was just skin and bones. It wasn't a direct suicide, more like a very drawn out one.

Reactions: Fucking loving it, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lra888 and 2 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I feel a kind of solidarity with anyone who ctb, but I wouldn't say it goes beyond that. Ultimately we're all on a separate journey, and in some cases it can be difficult to understand why someone famous ends their life, given their relatively cushy circumstances. That's not to say I don't get it, but for me at least, it's easier to relate to everyday people who are suicidal.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, MisterSadness, lv-gras and 1 other person
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
I am ashamed to admit this but I have watched (many times) Kate Spade's body as it was transported on the gurney from her apartment building to the coroner van.

Nothing in common with Kate Spade except suicide, yet I find myself fantasizing about my own corpse on a similar gurney, loosely drapped with those white sheets as if I was a ghost. It's cathartic.

Reactions: Fucking loving it and lv-gras
Thoughtforms

Thoughtforms

Experienced
Nov 1, 2018
Sylvia Plath

Reactions: sserafim, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, 52shriek and 1 other person
sadak_the_wanderer

sadak_the_wanderer

An appropriate painting
Mar 19, 2018
Christine Chubbuck, a little bit before y'all's time. I used to keep a thread up about her on 8ch, years back. I dug up a lot of information about her, like her old yearbook photos. I can relate to a lot of what she managed to express. She was very lonely, knew she wasn't anyone's idea of a top shelf choice, tried and failed again and again. She did the volunteering routine that so many suggest for depression. She smuggled the gun she used on herself inside of a hand puppet she made to entertain sick children at the hospital. It was a nice touch.

Not my preferred way to go out or anything, but she was fascinating.

Reactions: It'sMyLife, Smilla, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Yes i do especially with k-idols. All of their suicide attempts were either CO or full/Partial hanging. Jonghyun effected me the most. He was a member of a really famous Kpop boy band called Shinee and he died around this time last year. Many of his fans attemped suicide as well. One ended up being successful.

He did CTB through CO posioning at an apartment he rented and his body was found by a fireplace....His suicide note was really disturbing and heartbreaking to read. He was just a tormented soul.
He was suffering from depression and couldnt get the help he needed.

Ironically the name of a song "Fireplace" which he released before CTB, was the same exact place his dead body was found.

His solo music is really huanting and sad to listen to. From the lyrics you could tell the poor guy was really hopeless and wanted someone to help him out. But no one noticed until he died.

South Korea sucks in terms of helping out those who suffer from mental heath. They dont take it seriously and assume men claim they suffer from mental health so they can't enlist onto the military. I guess thats why it was one of most highest suicide rates. Many of them secretly make pacts and attempt to commit CTB as a huge group through CO posioning in rented apartments.

View attachment 3834
Thank you for sharing that, I'll listen into his music.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and Amira
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I get attached to dead famous people.

Churchill,
Beethoven
Mark Twain

I see a fucking dark analogy here.

I thought to myself the other day, some people often say here they feel "dead" inside. Or even, know they're as good as dead.

What Does that say about me? And why I'm In thinking about me, it's not even the point. Do In only like forming limited attachments? Oh well who cares! Seeing them all soon!!

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and iiii5555
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Kurt Cobain - His suicide occurred when I was young and just getting into music. In my teenage years I struggled with severe anxiety and depression I felt a connection.

Layne Staley - AIC was my favorite band for many years. As @52shriek stated above, Layne totally cut himself off from the world and physically deteriorated from drugs and neglect. Was dead for 2 weeks before being found. I've gone through periods of not answering the phone or having any contact with anyone for months so I relate to that isolation.

Riches James Edwards - lyricist for the Manic Street Preachers. He self harmed and suffered from depression and anorexia. His body was never found but it's assumed that he jumped from a bridge because his car was found parked close by.

Reactions: lv-gras, Fucking loving it, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
I

iiii5555

Student
Sep 12, 2018
I feel kinda bad knowing that i have those feelings, but for school shooters... Yaeh, i know they were awful people that don't deserve any sympathy, but i just can relate to their pain and loneliness so much.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and Jodes
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
I feel kinda bad knowing that i have those feelings, but for school shooters... Yaeh, i know they were awful people that don't deserve any sympathy, but i just can relate to their pain and loneliness so much.
And that it's preventable. I cant imagine one of them had a non-traumatic life, with the worst role models, and guns virtually placed in their hands.

But also imagine myself being a student getting shot at.
I'm not a parent, so can't begin to fathom

Last edited:
YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
Since I wish to become a writer, I had condescendence with every colleague who has died by suicide.
Gerard de Nerval, José Maria Arguedas, Vladimir Maiakovski, David Foster Wallace, and so on.
I hate to become another one on the suicidal writers list...

Reactions: Red star, lv-gras and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals