Iwantoknow

Iwantoknow

Jun 28, 2020
Hello everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone here has considered donating your money/possessions before CTB to charity for example that they believe will make the world a better place after they are gone? Or are you leaving it to family? Or do you have a different idea what happens with things/money you own after you are not here anymore?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lostandlooking, ecmnesia and LittleJem
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I don't really have anything of value to give besides $200 to my name :(

• Hugs
Reactions: hfdepression30, Leshen, Homecoming and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I don't have many stuff but everything will be for my family.
For example: my gaming pc will be for my nephew and he'd better enjoy it! lol

Reactions: Isisnefert, ecmnesia, XYZ and 2 others
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I've given lots of my favourite things to favourite people to enjoy now. I've also put instructions in my will about who should have a chance to pick a souvenir.

Reactions: IWTD, ecmnesia, Homecoming and 4 others
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Im not giving away my things as long as Im alive - mainly because I dont really have anything to give besides a small savings account and my artwork, and Im really attached to my art.
But I outlined in my will where it should go to when I die - to my uncle who used to paint landscapes and encouraged me on my path.
And him, + my both grandmas will get all the money, since my parents are hateful psychopaths that dont deserve a penny.

Now I need to see a lawyer and validate it but Im scared

Reactions: lobster salad, ecmnesia, Ghost2211 and 3 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I have a will that details where my things will go after I'm dead, but I do not give away my things before I'm dead because that would throw up a lot of red flags and they might be aware of my intentions.

Reactions: Robyn, ecmnesia, XYZ and 1 other person
LastWhisper

LastWhisper

Who cares if I'm drunk?
Oct 29, 2019
I'm planning to give away all of my money (it's pretty much) to my the only friend, but there can be issues with the transaction because we're living in different countries. For other things, I don't really care.

Reactions: lobster salad, ecmnesia and (deleted member)
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I have a little bit of silver jewellery if my friend wants it, some nice jumpers (though maybe that will be weird for people) and some great pens - but the pens I don't know who would want them - but they are beautiful pens. So maybe they can be sold... And I'm literally giving gifts with my will of things I think people will like! I'm enjoying that bit of it.

• Love
Reactions: ecmnesia, sufferingalways, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
FatalSystemError591

FatalSystemError591

{He/They}
Oct 12, 2020
My girlfriend would get first pick, donate everything else to a local thrift shop that donates to charity with every purchase. Other than that? I don't care.

Reactions: ecmnesia, Deleted member 4993 and XYZ
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I don't really own anything worth anything to give away. Personal possessions like family photos etc will go to my mother if she doesn't already have them as she still has some of my things in storage. Everything else is pretty worthless, like clothes etc which can just be given to charity.

Reactions: ecmnesia, Deleted member 4993, Homecoming and 1 other person
M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
Giving away prized possessions, or possessions in general, is listed as a warning sign of suicide by pro-lifers. DO NOT engage is such a behavior if you're planning to CTB; you may get caught. Instead, write a formal will detailing who specific possessions will go to, like your Star Wars figurines to a friend who you know to be a Star Wars fan. Or just scribble that wish on a sheet of notebook paper, with your name and signature at the bottom; that's an informal will, and courts generally recognize them too. (Possible exception include real estate, but that's not what we're discussing here.)

Reactions: ecmnesia
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
I wouldn't give everything away just in case. There are few certainties in life, and I don't like burning bridges.

Reactions: ecmnesia, sufferingalways, Deleted member 4993 and 4 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Hello everyone,

Was just wondering if anyone here has considered donating your money/possessions before CTB to charity for example that they believe will make the world a better place after they are gone? Or are you leaving it to family? Or do you have a different idea what happens with things/money you own after you are not here anymore?
If I had a lot of money I would definitely give lots of it away to charity (mostly animal charities) before I went.
I haven't unfortunately.

• Love
Reactions: ecmnesia, sufferingalways and Deleted member 4993
M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
If I had a lot of money I would definitely give lots of it away to charity (mostly animal charities) before I went.
I haven't unfortunately.
It's better to leave it in your will than to give it away while still alive. You never know if some pro-lifer in their Accounts Receivable department will call the police on you and have you arrested. And to add insult to the injury, still collect your donation afterwards.

Last edited:
Desdemona

Desdemona

Oct 14, 2020
I think I'd want my money to cover any funeral costs and the rest to go to foundations supporting research for my illness. I'm not sure how I'd empty my bank account before hand? Maybe write a will granting my parents access but I'm not sure how official those things need to be.

For the rest of my stuff, idk. I don't really have any prized possessions so it can all go in the trash. I'd feel weird leaving a note telling my parents to take all my stuff to GoodWill and the thought of someone buying a dead girls' items doesn't sit right with me

Last edited:
C

Churaak

Oct 2, 2020
no, the money will go to the funeral expenses. I'm not that heartless that I wouldn't leave my family anything. also, what if I my attempt fails and I will live? I would be without money.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
YES. I do not have much but it will go to help like the homeless or shelter for battered women. My brother got 2 million and my sister got 500 thousand after my "parenets" death. They not only did not let me have anything, they are the most greedy, ruthless people I know. I 100% believe in helping people out. I live only to help and collecting vast sums of money mean nothing, if there is no love, warmth and caring involved. I was at a company for 5 days jsut a couple of weeks ago, and I have never seen so much greed and no caring at all for employees. That is why ss is SO SPECIAL, we are all one caring loving global family here. :heart:

Reactions: ecmnesia and Iwantoknow
Time to fly

Time to fly

TTFN - time to fly now
Nov 3, 2020
I have given everything to battersea dogs home in my will

• Love
Reactions: ecmnesia, greebo6, sufferingalways and 1 other person
L

LostSoul101

Student
Nov 7, 2020
Yes. I gave away my art equipment to a friend who started taking up painting. I gave away half my wardrobe to friends and other things like yoga mat. I said I felt like decluttering. They said that's a positive change from depression...... no one recognised the blatant signs of suicidal behaviour!

• Hugs
Reactions: MyStateKilledMe, ecmnesia and Time to fly
IWTD

IWTD

Who knows.
Jun 24, 2020
I have a will that details where my things will go after I'm dead, but I do not give away my things before I'm dead because that would throw up a lot of red flags and they might be aware of my intentions.
I've been able to give away a lot of things. Some made their lives better, I've heard feedback like "why did he give up his ____ he loved that thing"
I attempted to CBT but missed it unfortunately. No one caught on because in my life only one person cares.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
sunsetintehwoods

sunsetintehwoods

Same rules apply
Feb 22, 2021
Aaaand yep, money and stuff to family and friends, have a strong reason except ctb. ULTRAGAMING PC machine is for sale now. May be some volunteering to go, never do it before.

• Hugs
mini_weeny

mini_weeny

Every cradle is a grave
Jan 5, 2021
Already emptying my home since my life is pointless and I can't enjoy any material objects, so anything that won't be used right now is going or has already been thrown or handed to others. Same with buying new stuff, just pointless.

• Love
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
I actually gave away probably 80% of my stuff before i moved in January. I have a bed and my desk now. Its so freeing being minimalist. It means I'm leaving nothing of value behind

• Love
Reactions: whywere, Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and IWTD
IWTD

IWTD

Who knows.
Jun 24, 2020
I actually gave away probably 80% of my stuff before i moved in January. I have a bed and my desk now. Its so freeing being minimalist. It means I'm leaving nothing of value behind
The minimalist thing is intriguing. It is something I'm going to have a go at. I'm very tired of the waste I see day in day out.

• Love
Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus
S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
Seems like it's quite common for people that are suicidal to be minimalist. For me, it's liberating having to worry about less material objects and what'll happen to them once I'm gone compared to having to put so many things up for sale and worry about this and that. It's too stressful owning a bunch of expensive things. The only valuable things I have left are the car signed under my father's name and his insurance and then 1,000 dollars to my name (which I haven't figured out if I'm going to use to buy N or firearm). Firearm seems like a safer option since I have a clean record and the N could get seized

RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
I have just thrown most of my things out. It feels liberating.

• Hugs
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
No scared of surviving and be in an even worse position. I am really scared about this scenario

• Hugs
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
There are not many possessions to give away. Firstly because I do not like having excess, and secondly because I did not expect to live this long.

• Hugs
T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
Funny story:
Recently I threw away just a bunch of old filmmaking gear and random trinkets I'd accumulated over the years. Tossed them in this dumpster behind my apartment.

Went out today to throw away a pizza, and someone had fished out the boxes, and taken all the gear as well as most of the trinkets. Man that made me laugh

• Hugs
Deathbydemo

Deathbydemo

Mage
Feb 15, 2020
I have nothing of any worth to leave behind, unfortunately.

• Aww..