ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
When I overdosed in March, I experienced a lot of side effects that kept me in the hospital for a week before they could move me to the psych ward. The one that was worrying the nurses the most was that my resting heart rate was 100 & would spike to over 170 as soon as I stood up. I think the highest it hit while I was on the medsurge floor was 184. The cardiologist there said it was just my anxiety & to "come back when I'm normal". Flash forward & my PCP wrote a referral for cardiology bc that shouldn't happen to someone who is young and relatively healthy. I finally had that appointment today & the cardiologist wants to take me off of prazosin & I have to wear a heart monitor for a week. It all feels so pointless. I hate going to these appointments bc I just want to be dead, so what's the point in working on my health. Plus prazosin is the only thing helping me sleep at all. I get like maybe two hours of sleep a night as is, and my nightmares were so bad off of it. And the monitor is so uncomfortable. It's nowhere near as bad as the one I had to wear in the hospital, but I can't tune out the feeling of it at all ☠️

• Aww..
Reactions: outrider567 and rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I'm sorry, that's a dreadful failed attempt complication. It's bad enough to be stuck with no desire to live let alone having to deal with such added suffering. I hope you can be at peace soon.

Reactions: ferrie
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I'm sorry, that's a dreadful failed attempt complication. It's bad enough to be stuck with no desire to live let alone having to deal with such added suffering. I hope you can be at peace soon.
Thank you. It's definitely been hard to deal with. There's so many other symptoms that come with the tachycardia, it's hard to live my daily life. Like you said though, hopefully I get to just rest soon

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske