kerokeroka

kerokeroka

Kerokero:8068 我正在学习中文, 我虽然不擅长..
Oct 3, 2019
Or have had been exposed to his works via Cuck Philosophy's video on him, or have heard about him from Nietzsche or Schopenhauer.

I watched Cuck Philosophy's video essay on him and honestly i think it was the best thing to have ever happened to me. Its funny how we all view death as something that's scary and that we also view being dead as being something that should be avoided at all costs in favor of living a life where escaping suffering is top priority but ultimately the only way to escape suffering is to die.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Leshen, Dutchyala and 2 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Heard of him, my problem is only with the physical pain of death. I can't remember ever being scared of non-existence. I don't have physical pain in my life, just emotional pain. It makes sense to use a painful method if facing or experiencing physical pain (jumping from a non-instant-death-height when you feel the flames); but since I only want to escape the emotional pain of my failures and unreliability (in combination with likely future physical pain) I can't power through windpipe-crushing or slash my neck up.

If someone has a peaceful method and/or is in chronic pain but fear death then it makes good sense to read this man's writings and similar material (atheism, hard-determinism, basic science).

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
L

Leshen

Oct 31, 2018
Are there any good english translations of Philosophy of Redemption? I couldn't find anything last time I checked.
I've read about this guy on wikipedia and /r/pessimism, I really like his take on "god is dead" and how he actually stuck to his belief and followed through with the suicide. That dude had integrity, unlike other "intellectuals" who are mostly hypocrites.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment