Meh

Meh

Potential Isekai Mc
Apr 22, 2019
So, I recently just woke up from a very happy dream and upon waking up I feel even worse as what I felt in the dream will likely never manifest within reality. For whatever reason this has started happening more and although I enjoy the momentary bliss, boyyy does it sting to wake up . Does anybody else have positive dreams that leave you feeling empty? If so, what do they usually consist of?

For those curious, these dreams (like the most recent) usually consist of companionship with another making me feel fulfilled which is something absent from my actual life. Others have described me as quite attractive and fun to be around however no matter who I associate with I never truly feel fulfilled as if there is a wall restricting my ability to connect with others. I suppose this is my brains way of trying to make me feel better lol.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Rorschach, Last chance, Dr Iron Arc and 4 others
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
Yeah, I don't really get nightmares.
Waking up to reality always sucks.
I guess its the mind compensating for a miserable existence.

Reactions: Meh and RedHarlequin
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
Not really dreams but I hate having moments of hope because I know the chance of me getting better is close to non existent. I also hate people saying hopeful things to me because a part of me wants to believe but in reality it is only getting worse and worse.

Reactions: Lost Magic, PureMetanoia and Meh
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I've had plenty of dreams in which I have intense emotions only to wake up to nothigness. They aren't frequent, but I get what you are saying.

Reactions: ShttyChicken, demuic, Meh and 1 other person
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Wait, there's such thing as nice dreams and not waking up panicking 3-4 times every night from nightmares ._. ?

• Hugs
Reactions: Meh and RedHarlequin
Meh

Meh

Potential Isekai Mc
Apr 22, 2019
Wait, there's such thing as nice dreams and not waking up panicking 3-4 times every night from nightmares ._. ?
I consider myself quite lucky that I rarely have nightmares, least my sleep pattern is not disrupted

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yesss! It's happened to me more than once, especially now that I'm trying to have lucid dreams.
I just want to escape from this reality!

• Hugs
Reactions: ShttyChicken and GenesAndEnvironment
Meh

Meh

Potential Isekai Mc
Apr 22, 2019
Not really dreams but I hate having moments of hope because I know the chance of me getting better is close to non existent. I also hate people saying hopeful things to me because a part of me wants to believe but in reality it is only getting worse and worse.
Suppose it's a natural response to try fill others with hope but in reality I feel a more grounded honesty would help most

Reactions: RedHarlequin
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
Suppose it's a natural response to try fill others with hope but in reality I feel a more grounded honesty would help most
It is like saying to a terminally ill cancer patient that it will get better. I know that people are not trying to hurt me on purpose but there is just a huge misinformation. Psychiatric illnesses can be incurable too.

Reactions: demuic
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Does anybody else have positive dreams that leave you feeling empty?
I know exactly what you're talking about. Those dreams are like glimpses of some shiny, happy alternate reality that you're not allowed to enter. Waking up from them is always devastating. This song by Suzanne Vega just started playing in my head, it's called "Rosemary" -

My sister says she never dreams at night
There are days when I know why
Those possibilities within my sight
With no way of coming true
'Cause some things just can't get through
Into this world, although they try...

Reactions: faex42 and demuic
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
For me, those dreams just ruin my day and I can definitely say that I love the times when I wake up and didn't had any dreams at all :(

For example I once had a dream, where I was at some village in some slavic country which language I didn't understood (was probably Bulgaria or Romania), had an very sweet wife, had an small house and on my driveway, there was an Mercedes W123 in dark yellow color (manila beige).
Next to me, there was a little device repair shop with an old VW T3 with my logo and it that had a Telsa Model S engine in it and a lot of smartphone/laptop repair tools in the back.
Then the time skipped, I was working on some Asus laptop and when I came home, I was spending the rest of the day cuddling with my wife and watching an old Russian movie called Бумер 2.

Then I woke up, recalled everything that I dreamed about and cried.. later on I was all grumpy and even my favorite coffee couldn't make the day better :/

That's why I prefer not to dream about. It's like being a computer that has been put into stand-by. I fall asleep, there's nothing except darkness and when I wake up, it's already 7am but you feel like you slept 2-5seconds :P

Reactions: taylor321
Aeathelina

Aeathelina

Little Homeless Girl
Feb 5, 2020
I don't dream but when I do they always hurt. Recently I dreamed about a time where I had everything, a family, friends and the support but when I woke up I was reminded that it was all gone and that I had squandered a great opportunity with alcohol

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Usually these kinds of happy dreams don't cause sadness for me, but anger. Honestly puts me at an even worse mood than if I had just had a nightmare sometimes...